Anne Arundel County Maryland

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Bessie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Miss Bessie

Miss Bessie Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

I just applied to Anne Arundel County school district in Md. Does anyone know their hiring process? Do the principals do the hiring or just HR? Can anyone give me any advice?
    Thanks

3. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

My friend interviewed there. I think she said there is a panel that screens you first. If you are chosen to move on, I think the principals call you for interviews.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 15, 2009

I started their process last year. First you are screened by HR and then you move on to principals if chosen to move on. Also, you need those on-line reference forms filled out by at least three references. I would get their on-line application filled out as soon as you can and contact HR to arrange a screening interview. Good luck!

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jul 15, 2009

I applied there and got screened there. Seriously I got screened two weeks ago and the guy told me that they have so many displaced teachers that they are placing them first. Then he told me that they have screened over 200 people and seriously he told me that I would be one of the last people that they were going to screen.
    Then I heard last week that they had to get rid of 600 positions. Teachers included.
    He told me that P would call you after you are screened but don't be surprised if they don't because they are out of money and too many teachers.
    So I kind of just left that county alone because I haven't heard anything since.
    Plus all their jobs listed and just pools. So no telling how many people are in those pools.

6. Miss Bessie

Miss Bessie Rookie

Jul 16, 2009

Thanks everyone for the replies. You have been a big help.

7. matteo49

matteo49 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009

I applied there recently and, since I'm out of state, I had a phone interview with an AP and the department head. There was no HR screening interview. Granted, I haven't heard back yet though, either...