And it begins......

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KLSSwimmer, Jul 17, 2011.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jul 17, 2011

Does anyone else experience this....My first day to report to work is July 25th, and the students' first day is August 2nd. My brain is just absolutely spinning with stuff I need to do to get ready for school. I'm even having dreams about school.

Anyone else's brain getting into school mode?

3. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Jul 17, 2011

My brain hasn't gotten out of it!! I am teaching at a different school this year so I've been getting everything prepared for the classroom, while trying to learn their new curriculum, procedures, culture, AND teaching summer school!!!! Oy vey....

4. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 17, 2011

Same here. My brain never left school.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2011

You're a good month ahead of us; we report shortly before Labor Day.

So, no, I'm nowhere near school mode yet.

6. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jul 17, 2011

I am still whirling around ideas and plans, even though we've been out for 5 weeks and have almost 5 to go. I'm taking independent courses, so that adds to it. Wheeeee!

I feel sorry that you have to go so soon!

7. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 17, 2011

We have the same start dates as you do and for the past week, I can't seem to focus on anything at ALL! I feel so overwhelmed and RUSHED to get things finished around the house and begin school stuff. I'm not sure WHERE June went!!!!

The dreams haven't started, but the sleep hasn't been good lately and I know it's because my mind is simply too busy and full of ideas and things to get done!!!

I feel your pain!

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011

I go back August 12... but I just finished a 9 day workshop and my brain is on fire with plans and ideas :)

9. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jul 18, 2011

That is how a lot of school systems are. I really don't mind going back so early, especially when we get out in the middle of May this year! It all equals out.

10. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jul 18, 2011

I completely understand. I am finishing up my EdS and getting a library certification at the same time, so I took 19 hours this summer. My brain is tired! Going back to school might actually be refreshing! :lol:

11. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2011

:lol:

We go back on August 15th. I just finished classes 2 weeks ago and am now ready for some relaxation. I think I'll start dreaming about school in 2 weeks or so.

12. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 18, 2011

My brain is definitely back in school mode. It also helps that I'll be attending district trainings over the next two weeks =)

13. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 18, 2011

My first day is August 11 with students on August 15. I am so not ready for school to start. I keep thinking I need to get started with my planning, but I haven't gotten started yet. I did go back to school shopping at a teacher store with a friend, and I did purchase a few things, but not a lot. I tried to start a Promethean flipchart for language yesterday, but I didn't get very far before I gave up. I really need to get in the teacher mode, and I need to do it soon!! :)

14. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Jul 18, 2011

We also do not start before Labor Day so I am also not in school mode quite yet, but I did type out a syllabus last week.

15. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011

We report on the 1st, but I like to have most of my room set-up done before that. I just got back into town this weekend (I was gone over a month!), and was glad to get into my room and see what needs to be done. I'll scatter some school work over my last two free weeks.

16. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2011

I don't go back until 8/8, and the kids 8/15th, so I have some time yet before I start getting back into the school mode. But, I have started buying school supplies for DH, since most stores are putting them out.

17. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 18, 2011

My brain never left school mode.... immediately following 1 workday i reported to 4 weeks of montessori training... 2 weeks off (which im going to use to make new work for the classroom and organize my montessori albums). Then teachers report back on the 28th as an option, but mandatory on the 1st. Students follow on the 4th.

18. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 20, 2011

Wow! That is early! I have to report back on Aug. 12 this year (a week earlier than last year) and started having "school dreams" about a week ago. I have also begun some light school supply shopping (pencils and the like). Where exactly did this summer vacation go? It seems like we just dismissed them a couple days ago.

19. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2011

I went to school today to see when I could get to my classroom. I wanted to go to my room this week and work on stuff at home next week (my last week of summer vacation). However, they were still waxing my room, so I can't get in this week. I have a meeting on Monday, so I guess I'll be getting my room together Tuesday-Friday next week.

This year I don't have much to do for my classroom other than unpack my closet and set up stuff. This year I was ready to get out, so I didn't clean everything before I put it away, so I'll have to do that this time.

Today I'm working on my school webpage and cleaning of my flash drive and getting files ready for the coming year. We're switching to the common core standards, so I'm redoing EVERYTHING.

We start on August 1st.