An update, as requested...

Discussion in 'In Memory of ellen_a' started by kate_a, Mar 5, 2008.

1. kate_a

kate_a Rookie

Mar 5, 2008

Just a quick update, as I noticed people were wondering how my family and I were doing...

We're doing well. We survived our first round of major holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and last weekend was our 26th birthday. Things aren't always easy, and things continue to be very up-and-down, but I think that's to be expected. In general, things are getting better, and feeling better.

I spend more time visiting home now than I did before, and have been contemplating some life changes, because I think the accident caused me to re-examine my priorities and goals. I'm holding off on any major changes until I have reached the 1 year anniversary of Ellen's death, but I am thinking of leaving New York City, and the fashion industry. My parents are doing well, focusing on their new dog, new nephew, and getting further involved in some of their hobbies/interests.

I also wanted to let people know that a date has been sent for the Hike For Haccamo, a fundraising walk that will be held in Ellen's memory this year, to raise money for the Rotary Camp Haccamo. It will be held October 12th. They are still in early planning stages, but you can continue to check http://www.hikeforhaccamo.org for information on the walk, how to register, a short biography of my sister, etc, as they add more information. We encourage anyone in the Rochester area to attend- it's a cause Ellen felt very strongly about.

Thanks for everyone's continued concern.
    I hope things are well for everyone else... :)

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

Nice to hear things are going as well as expected. I know the "firsts" without someone is very tough! It sad that it takes something like this to really examine our lives. Glad to hear Ellen is "still helping" in different ways!!!

Thanks for the update!!! Continued prayers for all of you & all the best!!!

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

Thank you for keeping us updated. So glad you and your family are moving in a positive direction. Thank you for the link. I would love to participate. I'm here on Long Island, but hey, you never know.

Peace

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 6, 2008

What a wonderful way to share ellen's memory. Thank you for updating us.

6. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Mar 19, 2008

still thinking about your family.

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 19, 2008

Thank you for letting us know :hugs: I have been thinking of your family during all of the holidays as well.