An upbeat message for you all

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by Bri120, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Bri120

Bri120 Rookie

Sep 16, 2008

There haven't been any posts in the last couple days on the sixth grade post and the ones that were here seem kind of discouraged. So I'll thought I'd leave a few words.

Remember why we're doing what we do. We love to teach. We love the children and we love coming into work in the morning.

Remember each day to think back to how excited you were on the first day you ever taught :)

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2008

Great advice, Bri120. It is always so easy to start to feel overwhelmed that the passion for the job gets pushed down.

4. Bri120

Bri120 Rookie

Sep 17, 2008

Especially when your up writing on a teacher's discussion board at 4:00am !!!!!!

What the heck are you doing up at 4 am !?

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2008

Time difference--it was actually just after 6:00am when I posted. As a rule, I'm up at 5:15am every morning and spend about 45 minutes on the computer catching up on emails and the forums before work. (Of course, you'll never see me posting late--I turn into a pumpkin at 9:30 on school nights!)

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2008

I know a teacher who gets up at 3:45 am to go to the gym! So, there are some really chipper morning teachers out there!

Nice upbeat advice. I'm in kindergarten again, but last year I taught fifth. I LOVED teaching fifth. What a neat group of kids. I know sixth can be a bit tough, but I really do enjoy working with the upper kids.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2008

Up early with my computer and a nice hot cup of tea--yes!
    Up early to go to the gym--I think not! (of course, from the looks of me, that's exactly what I should be doing!)

Peachy--I really like the older kids as well--I'm working in a grade 8 classroom 9 periods a week and am loving it!

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 17, 2008

I'm working on a science credential right now. People say that I'm insane for thinking of teaching junior high. Well, when people hear I teach kinder, I get similar reactions. Kinder is hard, hard, HARD! I love it though. I just wouldn't mind teaching other grades.

I'm glad that you love working with 8th graders. :)

9. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2008

Peachy, I'm glad you found a job after your ordeal.

I love 6th grade. I've taught 2nd, 3rd, and 6th. 6th grade is by far the best for me. So far this is the best year teaching I've had yet!

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2008

Thanks! I'm glad I found a job too. I really didn't think I would be able to work this year, but, here I am.

I haven't taught 6th yet, fifth was my only one besides K, but I bet 6th can be so much fun. I've observed sixth grade and did some subbing, and I had fun. 6th grade was also my all time favorite grade when I was in school. This was a district where 6th was still in elementary school.