An Idea

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Brendan, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Apr 26, 2005

Just an Idea. We are having a messy/neat desk contest in my school for the year book. So I was thinking we could have one here. People could take picture of their desks and post them here. Tell me what you think its just an idea.

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 26, 2005

How about messy room!

4. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Apr 26, 2005

That would be a good an idea too.

5. D2theMcV

D2theMcV Rookie

Apr 26, 2005

Darn it! Just cleaned almost an entire quarter's worth of mess off of it. And still not enough to win "clean!"

6. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 26, 2005

Just remember...

Cluttered Desk = Cluttered Mind

Empty Desk = Empty Mind

LOL Some teacher told me that a few years ago.

My desk is NO WHERE near empty... LOL

I think the idea is cute.

Lori

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 26, 2005

LOL!! Right now you can't even see my desk! :D
    I don't spend a lot of time sitting behind it so stuff tends to get piled up on it until I can't stand it anymore. Considering that I have a sub tomorrow I have to at least attempt to control the monster!

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 27, 2005

I LOVE piling things on my desk all day long. At the end of the day, I take a few minutes and put it all away. What is your favorite thing on your desk? I have several...I have a "pig" pen/pencil holder that I have used for 15 years, a picture of the cutest baby in the world, a plant from my boss, hand cream and body spray that I use for a room freshener! Then of course there's all the boring stuff like tape and junk, ya know, things that symbolize WORK!!!

9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Apr 28, 2005

Well I'm out of the messy contest. I had a sub yesterday so I had to clean the black hole. She actually came in and cleaned part of it herself. (I don't mind a sub tidying things up, but I don't like them cleaning my desk. I do have a method to my madness!) Some things are actually missing. I'm assuming they are in a drawer somewhere.
    As for my favorite, I have a sheet of plexi-glass on top of my desk and it is loaded with pictures under it. There's also my angel that was a gift by a student (Life is fragile, handle with prayer.) I couldn't do without my frog noteholder either. :)

10. Sarah Leigh Ann

Sarah Leigh Ann Companion

Apr 28, 2005

My desk is very clean and organized- each item has its own place. My favorite things are my butterfly pen holder and my picture frame with my two cats in it- my husband made it and it so precious!

11. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2005

I have my cat pictures here and there. Whenever I do a bulletin board, their pictures usually end up on it somewhere! I liked hearing about your husband making the frame for your cat pictures!