An Easy Project for Your Classroom

Discussion in 'General Education' started by CFClassroom, Jul 9, 2009.

1. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2009

I was just blogging about this idea so I thought I would share it in case anyone else is looking for some school projects to do at home. I'll be doing some more projects this week and will add them here if anyone is interested. Today I made a "Where Are We" chart:

[​IMG]

1. Start by brainstorming a list of places your class could be. Some ideas include: (art, gym, music, lunch, recess, assembly, field trip, another teacher's room, computer lab).

2. Using MS Word or Pages type up your list. Be sure to leave enough spaces between each location so that it is easy to tell where the clip is located.

3. If you have a classroom theme (or just want to be fancy) add thematic clipart, stickers, etc. When I did my camping theme I titled mine, "We went on a hike to..."

4. Laminate for durability and add a clip...a clothespin works just fine.

3. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2009

thanks for sharing. Please be sure to include any other useful projects. And anybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am working on going through my things and organizing things I will be taking to school and things that will stay packed away.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 11, 2009

That's a neat idea. I'm thinking about doing a similar thing with how many are in my room with numbers to clip by. I have various numbers of kids on various days and kids are coming in and out due to various therapies during the day.

I might have to do something with names so I will know who is HERE, OUT, or AT THERAPY.

Now you have my brain gears turning!

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2009

Anyone have a great idea for keeping on schedule with sending kids where they need to be? I usually write the day's pullout schedule on the board with kids' initials for a reminder to me to send them and each kid who goes out for resources has a schedule taped to desk but still we forget sometimes. A former colleague used to have some sort of multiple setting timer which would 'ding' at the pre-set times for kids to go, but I haven't seen one of these...

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2009

I actually have a great system for this and have done it two different ways. I've used an easel and most recently a clipboard. I really prefer the clipboard because I can grab it during a fire drill. I need to update it for this year so I'll make that my next project and post it here for you.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 11, 2009

Cool thanks!!! I need to figure out something!

8. sophie1

sophie1 Comrade

Jul 11, 2009

I want to make a room divider.... I'll take suggestions on how to do this. I also want to make curtains, again I've never done this so I'll take any help I can get! Thanks.

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2009

czacza,
    I have the same problem with schedules. I am too old to waste my brain power on keeping track of where everyone should be!

About two-three weeks into school, once the schedule for pull-outs, etc, seems to be set, I use a poster board for each day of the week and list the schedule (special classes, speech, intervention, therapy, etc) for that day. Then each morning the helper pulls out the schedule for that day, uses a magnet to put it on the whiteboard, and then the kids are great at keeping me and each other on track.

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

Thanks, missy...putting it up on the board kind of works for me, I'm just always a little bothered by the 'public' display of who is going where...I use initials instead of kids' names but still it kind of rubs me the wrong way although the other kids are kind of unaware/unaffected by the comings and goings as transitions in and out of the room are handled smoothly.