An Eagle.......... this one will get you

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Major, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Major

Major Connoisseur

3. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2011

Thought I would bump this one up......... After all it's about the American Eagle........... but obviously NOT as important as a visit to Hobby Lobby or mean in-laws or toe nail clippers which don't work...... and yes I realize I should have posted it in another forum....... sorry...... :rolleyes:

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 6, 2011

Wait, there was a thread about toe nail clippers? I missed it! DANG.

Haha, just kidding. :p

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2011

I didn't actually see it, Peachy ...... but just guessing "toe nail clippers" would be an interesting subject..... right after "why are people mean to me in the teacher's lounge"....... or perhaps "my husband doesn't use deodorant ........ what should I do?"..... Now these are really important subjects....... in some circles.........

What did you think about the eagle..... if you saw it??? For me it was pretty emotional...... but that's just me....... I'm not your average poster on the ATOZ forum...... Probably a nuisance to most members ......:(:(

6. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Nov 6, 2011

I appreciate your efforts and I will comment ... it was a beautiful video. I have a huge heart for rescued animals of any type. Eagles are truly amazing birds. Thanks for sharing!!:thumb:

7. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2011

Thank you HWilson........ It was a beautiful video. And Eagles represent something special to me .. like AMERICA .... Many here don't get it .... or don't care........ Thanks for your reply..........:)

8. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2011

Inspiring video, Major. I consider myself blessed every time I see a bald eagle in the wild - and blessed to be living in this country defended by young men and women.

Is everything okay? You sound a little curmudgeonly tonight (is that a word?). That is my friend's favorite word for himself - you remind me of him - practical and patriotic.

9. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 6, 2011

Major, several times you have posted things that didn't garner as many responses as you would have liked...and you can't hide your disappointment and maybe even annoyance. I had watched the video yesterday, but to be honest, it just, well, didn't especially move me. That other people either didn't watch or watched but didn't respond shouldn't be taken as a slap in America's face. I try not to have too many expectations for everyone here at A to Z so as to not take things too personally. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. You know we enjoy your participation here (except for the TMI moment last week...haha!:p), but it's a little insulting when you mock the discussions in the Time Out forum and determine we don't understand or care about this country based on a lack of comments about an eagle video.

10. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Nov 6, 2011

Just because everyone doesn't comment on something doesn't mean they don't get it or don't care. And just because a video doesn't have the same impact on others that it has on you doesn't mean they're ignorant or indifferent (or that they're wrong and you're right), it just means we are all different.

11. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2011

Thanks scmom.. Everything is fine here.......... I'm very blessed. ..... And I'm very practical and very patriotic... :)