An American wishing to teach in Germany...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Shellbee, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Shellbee

Shellbee Guest

Jan 13, 2018

There must me someone out there who can help me...
    Hello! I am a first year college student on her way to receiving her BA in Education in the next three years or so. My dream is to live and teach in Germany. I spent all of my highschool years in Europe and I guess you can say I fell in love with the country. What type of job opertuintes could I possibly have? My hope is to gain some experience through being a teacher aid/sub in a year and then flying over after I graduate. My fiance is a native German so the living situation isn't a problem. I just want the best of both worlds. I can speak German pretty well but I have a LOT to learn. I would love to be a science teacher at a international school of some sorts. However, if my only option is teaching English, then I guess that will have to do.
    Thank you for your time!

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jan 13, 2018

Germany has many schools associated with the US military, so I would reach out to them, inquiring about certification requirements, content areas,salaries, school sites, etc. At this exact moment I don't remember the link to available jobs (from groundskeepers, teachers, park rangers and more), but if you Google it, you will be looking for something like jobs@us.gov. Good luck.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 14, 2018

I think DoDEA maintains its own jobs pages as well. See https://www.dodea.edu, and rummage around a lot.

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2018

A wealth of information!

6. Jasmine Lopez

Jasmine Lopez New Member

Feb 1, 2021

Shellbee Germany is awesome! I love that country! I can't wait to go back to Germany!

If you still need help learning German this site Language Throne has lost of resources to help you. Safe travels :)