An Amazing Sight

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Jun 22, 2011.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jun 22, 2011

So Ruby and I are sitting out in the front yard, as usual, and I see this weird looking beak attached to a bird that is not the typical birds we see flying around. It's a mama duck and about 8 ducklings following her. Did I mention, I live in a residential neighborhood in a big city-no lakes/ponds that I know of for miles. Don't know where they could have come from-probably looking for water. It was really amazing how they were all just in line following her.

The neighbors were trying to rein them in, not sure what their plan is for them. We have a lot of stray cats that prowl and certainly a lot of roads-I hope they're safe tonight.

Definitely not a sight you see everyday! :)

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 22, 2011

How pretty! We're seeing lots of strange animals that we don't normally see because of the drought. I guess they are searching for water. My daughter and I saw a FOX a few days ago. I've never seen a fox around here. I coyote, maybe, but never a fox.

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 22, 2011

Saw a turkey this afternoon.

OOhhh and a beautiful full rainbow!!!!

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2011

We live in the suburbs and it is amazing the animals we see. We have racoons, coyotes, possums and foxes just on my street!

6. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 22, 2011

I saw a beautiful brown otter today as I was driving. He was in the canal coming up from the water. His coat was wet but he was so cute!