An absolute mess!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by monsieurteacher, Mar 10, 2010.

1. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Mar 10, 2010

Alright... so today was an absolute mess.

Usually I can look back and figure out how I could fix things... today it just seemed like all my kids were comatose. I would ask a question and they would all just stare. The same kid kept having the answer every single time, which was exciting... particularly since he has a LOT of difficulty in school... but the fact that he was able to answer the questions I asked told me that it wasn't above their heads... cause if it was above their heads, it would be WAAAAAY above his head. It was like they all needed a shot of espresso or something. I was SO exhausted by the end of the day because I felt like I had been pulling teeth.

I have NEVER felt this way before... it was such a weird day! I absolutely loved some of the lesson ideas I used... I just don't know what that was all about. :dizzy:

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 10, 2010

ABSOLUTELY THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WITH MY STUDENTS. Today ranks in my top five worst days at school. I still love them, but they were evil and crazy and spastic and...you get the idea.

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2010

I have taken to referring to my first period senior class as the Oil Painting. (Not to their faces, of course.) I swear, when I pose a question, you can hear crickets chirp. Never had anything like this before.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 10, 2010

If it makes you feel any better, during the last 5 minutes of the day today, we were finished with everything, and basically just waiting for the bell (it's the day before spring break, so no homework checks or anything), and the kids asked if they could play Heads Up 7-Up, which they love. So I say sure, and I'm in the back of the room, tidying up my desk so I could sprint out when the bell rang...and who opens the door? My superintendant. Who NEVER visits, but chose today to talk to me about some things going on next week. Oh, joy!

It was really funny, because right when he opened the door, they had just called "heads up stand up", so about 6 of them jumped up military style. He is a retired major in the army, so he was actually impressed! Told me I had them trained properly. The kids, to their credit, just kinda sat there and pretended to do something while he was there!

6. jd123

jd123 Cohort

Mar 10, 2010

kcjo, that's funny!
    dfleming, it seems that this time of year, everyone is at one stage or another of having a cold. Maybe a lot of your students just aren't feeling all that well.

7. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Mar 10, 2010

OMG that's amazing! It looks like everything worked out in your favor then :D

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 10, 2010

I swear, ANYTIME I give my kids any bit of downtime (games, drawing, anything where I'm not teaching) the admins always come into my class. Happens EVERY single time. I just can't get a break.

My kids were out of it on Monday, majorly. Their brains kinda came back, kinda.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 11, 2010

Sorry about your day, dfleming. I'm with most everyone else--my kids have been crazy (thank goodness for March Break next week!). Care to send a few of your "comatose-like" students west and I'll send a few of my rowdies east?

10. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2010

:lol:

11. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Mar 11, 2010

Uh-uh... I like my comatose grade ones... no way would I take middle schoolers... rowdy or not! :lol:

Today was a much better day

12. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Mar 11, 2010

My students have been all over the place. Some of my classes are super quiet, and others are just bizarre and cranky with one another. I love how each class comes in with a different personality, they're just so different though lately.