AMERICAN IDOL

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 14, 2009

I honestly don't mind Anoop too much. He's kind of blah sometimes but he doesn't annoy me like Allison or Lil. I guess I'm just into the guys this year. Kris and Matt are getting really boring though. Danny and Adam just seem to pick better songs.

2. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

I hate it when Adam screams, too--he sticks his tongue out when he does. :unsure: Lil just didn't have it tonight....again. I hope she is the one to go. Matt has a nice voice, he just needs to stop all the variations (?) he does with a song. Half the time I can't understand the words. Kris was boring tonight, but I think I can take him another week over Lil.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 14, 2009

I can take Kris another week over Lil, too. I wasn't that thrilled with Adam. I'm tired of the shrieking.

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 14, 2009

OMGosh... I couldn't have said this any better. Of course Matt being from my state he can do no wrong :eek::rolleyes:(JK), but I do agree he gets a little to worried about the competition instead of just singing what comes to him. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT ADAM!!! UGH that screaming & the tongue curl!!!!

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 14, 2009

I love the screaming. I like how theatrical he is. He is very entertaining. He didn't surprise me as much tonight as he has been doing but I loved his performance.

Anoop was great tonight but he's too bland to stay much longer.
    Matt is so boring I forgot his name until I scrolled up.
    Kris I don't think is the tops but I liked his song tonight.
    Lil is a very good singer but not an artist at all.
    Danny does a little better than Lil but has the same problem.
    Allison is not my favorite singer but I admit she tries to put good energy in her songs and tries to work on her stage presence. She did well.

6. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2009

I thought it was very much like being at a concert when Adam did his thing. (I'm having a hard time typing "sang") I thought it was terrific! He's having a great time.

Matt or Lil can go. Neither one has grown.

I also liked Anoop tonight. I thought it was beautiful and just different enough to not sound like an imitation.

And I thought Chris was very, very good also. He seemed to do well with Tarentino's advice.

I think Quentin Tarantino brings in the emotion part of the singer. Some of the others bring technique, but he seems to have pulled out the raw emotions in some of them. (Although Adam doesn't need it...he was just having a blast tonight without having to sing from the gut.)

The worst singers are gone now. It's all about attitude and professionalism, and pushing your talent. I'll bet it's Lil who goes next. She isn't listening, and people hate it when a contestant argues. I think the public feels that they should just listen when advice is given and be thankful for the opportuity.

7. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

I thought Anoop was the best by far tonight.

Danny saddened me, because he is my favorite, but he didn't do well tonight.

Lil should go. I'm sick of her messing up songs and picking stupid choices. Who picks The Rose? Seriously. Come on.

I also wish Allison would go. I didn't like her voice trying to sing Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. Also, it sounds really rude to say this, but I don't like her face. She scrunches it up and I can't stand to watch her sing. I know that's truly awful to say!

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Apr 14, 2009

I hated Alison tonight. I liked Matt (except one part). Of course, as another fellow Michigander, I root for him (but I really did like it!).
    I want Lil to go.
    I am still not crazy about Adam- the screeching annoys me.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 14, 2009

OK, the judging in twos is irritating. That's the whole fun is hearing how they disagree with each other.

Adam - sounded like one of those microphone machines with the echo-echo-echo turned up on high. But a good performance, although the last note hurt my ears.

Anoop - wow! Pretty good tonight. I adore Bryan Adams-reminds me of summers as a high schooler. Just sweet, and great.

Alison - I like her voice, but I'm a big Stevie Nicks/Joan Jett/Lita Ford kinda gal, so she fits right in with me. Great song tonight.

That's all I've watched so far.

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 14, 2009

OK, Matt...WTH buddy? I love that song, and it was unrecognizable! And I love Matt! Grr!

11. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2009

I think it was a pretty boring night. No one really stood out for me. Anoop was terribly boring. I didn't mind Matt. I love Adam though I wasn't to thrilled with him tonight. Liked him much better last week. I do not like Quentin Tarantino, I wish they picked someone better. Anyone know next weeks theme or will they let us know tonight?

12. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I didn't think Lil was terrible...not the greatest, but it could have been worse. Definitely not the 'worst contestant in Idol history'...and I was expecting something just horrendous from Danny, but it wasn't awful either. Forgettable, but not awful. Here's how I would rank them:

Anoop/Adam tie
    Alison
    Kris
    Danny
    Lil
    Matt

13. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2009

Ok this is how I would rate them:

Adam
    Alison
    Matt
    Kris
    Danny
    Anoop
    Lil

Funny how everyone sees things differently.

14. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Apr 15, 2009

To me, Lil was ALL over the place, Danny, who I like alot, was kinda boring, as was Kris. I love the song that Matt sang (Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?) and I feel he messed it up big time. Alison is an excellent singer, but she just doesn't float my boat. I haven't been a big Anoop fan, but thought he did great last night. He sounded different to me last night. Even at my advanced age, I do enjoy Adam the most, screaming and all. He just seems to be the most entertaining. I always look forward to seeing what he is going to perform.

15. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Apr 15, 2009

I agree with Simon(which is rare) that Lil was better when she first came to Idol. She does not know who she is. Allison has grown on me. Danny was my fav. but last night was not very good for him. Annop has been good every week. Adam has been weird to me the whole time but last night was his best show ever. The other's are just blah for me. Who I see in the top 3 is as far as I can see and I see Anoop, allison and Danny. in my opinion. I think it could be Anoop, allison and adam tho.

16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

I agree with Matt... he did ok & the middle he got almost "behind" from breathing or doing something in the wrong place & it flustered him. But I still love his voice.

I really like Danny, but I wish he would have done a different song.

Bottom.... Lil, Matt & Kris I hope Lil goes.

17. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2009

I thought Lil did a good job; I did not enjoy Adam at all

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

I didn't like Adam either. I like the 'toned' down Adam... I don't like the Punk Adam. I do have to say I was a little nervous what song he was going to pick.

19. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I think Simon was right when he said half the people are going to love Adam and half will hate him. I know this is weird, but I wouldn't be shocked out of my socks to see him in the bottom 3 one of these weeks...

20. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

I think they all need to experience the bottom 3, to keep their egos in check. When you have the judges saying your the greatest & what not, I think their heads get a little big.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I like the toned down Adam too but I have a feeling we wont' be seeing that too much since that's not really who he is.

22. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

I think that's what kinda bother's me as well. The judges keep telling the others that they don't know who they are as artists yet Adam can go back & forth & the drool over him.

The one song I liked of Adam's was Motown week.

23. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2009

Oh I don't agree at all that Adam goes back and forth with who he is. He is absolutely steadfast and true to his style. He sings soft or hard in the same incredible way. He definitely knows who he is as an artist. Many rock stars sing both fast and soft songs. So does he. He is amazing!

Anoop stinks! Why is he on the show? What do people see that I don't. Please, someone tell me. I don't get it.

Lil has wasted enough of her airtime and needs to go home. Shame on her for screwing up so much. She had a family depending on her to make something good come of this. Instead, she is just humiliating herself in public. She really is the worst female African American singer I've ever seen on Idol. Had it been the year of Fantasia or Jennifer Hudson, Lil would never have even made it past Hollywood week. She got lucky this year and she blew it.

24. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Apr 15, 2009

I'm glad the save was finally used, so it's not hanging over our heads anymore. I like Matt, but I think he'll go home next week anyway with Lil.

25. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Apr 15, 2009

And can I say, was Simon serious that next week is disco week? Arghhh what an awful theme night!!!!

26. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I figured they would use the save on Matt. If it was Lil I don't think they would have used it. Hopefully she will be gone next week.

27. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 15, 2009

I might just skip Disco week and just watch the last 15 minutes of the elimination on Wednesday :lol:

28. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 15, 2009

Yuck, disco. I can't imagine some of the guys singing disco. I am glad that Anoop was safe and also glad that Matt was saved. Though, I agree that he can't win. (So what's the point, I know...) I don't like Allison or Lil.

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

WHEW *wiping forhead* glad Matt was saved.

I hope Lil & Anoop head home next week. Should be interesting to see what they bring. I'm thinking this may be up Adam's alley....:rolleyes:

30. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 15, 2009

AAAGGHH! I thought for sure Lil would be going home! I wonder how many votes separated her and Matt! I can see Lil pulling off Disco week! :lol: Her hairdo tonight was from the late 70's!
    I was in Jr. High/High School during the disco era, so this might be interesting! ;)

I'm glad the save is used up!!!

31. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Apr 15, 2009

I agree. Then their philosophy fails. Just prolonged a week. I like Matt, but I did not like the performance last night. Perhaps he will do better, but I don't see Lil getting too much better.

32. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 15, 2009

Adam is an artist. Going back and forth and surprising us in new theatrical ways IS who he is.

I liked Anoop from the beginning (before the top 12). Since then he has been very boring and I can't get past his medical doctor look. His voice is quite good. I saw evidence of that in the beginning and again last night but he just has zero stage presence and doesn't do enough to wow me with his voice.

I actually think Lil is a VERY GOOD singer. One of the top 3 for this year actually. I just think she stinks as an artist. She is a copy cat. She doesn't have enough stage presence. She seems lost and doesn't know what to do with herself.

33. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 15, 2009

About the save...

Personally I don't like Matt much. I think he is largely forgettable. I'm sure that's not true but that's how I feel when he sings most of the time. Ironically tonight was the first time I thought he actually moved me. I wish he had done that last night instead of hiding behind a piano. It's nice that someone got the save though. It made for a nice emotional show.

34. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 15, 2009

Next week I think Anoop and Lil should go.

My final three is either:
    Danny, Adam, Kris
    or
    Danny, Adam, Allison

But Danny and Adam in the final two.

35. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2009

I think next week Matt and Lil will go. I think Matt sang much better last night than he did Tuesday night. I am not sure that I would have used the save on him, though.

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 16, 2009

I agree that Adam is more of an "artist" than the rest of them and has the ability to go back and forth but honestly, you won't see him walking down the street "toned down" EVER. That's not who he IS. He can tone it down when he needs to because he has that range and ability. He can adapt and be comforatable doing a lot of different things unlike most of the others.

37. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2009

I never understand why they have to have a Disco week.... It's not a big money maker these days (unless I'm under a rock), why not do something that more people would be into. I think they really need to start considering a 80s week & 90s week. I know 80s is when most are born, but for the few that aren't I think this is something they should do.

So they weeks that stick out that are left from past seasons are Broadway & Judges. I really wish they would do a judges at the beginning & the end so the contestants have an idea of the types of songs they should be singing...with 4 it would be easier 2 pick & then the other 2!!!

38. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 16, 2009

I think they used the save wisely on Matt. Think about what might have happened otherwise...

Matt goes home this week. Next week is the last opportunity to use it, so let's suppose it would have been Lil with the fewest votes next week. Would they have saved her? If they did, then the NEXT week, there would be 2 going, and when you get that few of contestants, weird things happen, like a Danny or Adam getting voted out as one of the two, because the votes are very split at that point.

If they didn't save her (or anyone else) next week, then the save would have been a waste, and besides being bad for their image, we all would have been saying would-a, could-a, should-a.

Besides, I think the point of the save was to save someone who genuinely improved from the night before to their performance Wednesday. And Matt clearly sang it better - at least it was understandable - last night. He even said, I would like to sing it straight and like it should be. It is a beautiful song!

Now, having said all that - if something weird happens next week, like a Danny/Adam/Alison getting voted out, we'll all be sooo mad they WASTED the save this week!

39. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 16, 2009

I just saw on an entertainment show that Adam is really a natural blonde!! The guy really has made himself over! I can't picture him with golden lockes! Hmmm...now what about Allison's hair?

40. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 16, 2009

Allison's hair isn't natural? :rolleyes: I had a troll doll with that color hair once.