AMERICAN IDOL

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Simon said Allison seemed to "dark" and needed to lighten up a little. I get her whole rocker image but she seems to try to be too serious and she probably would be cuter and more likable if she acted her age and picked different songs.

Megan was just a train wreck from the beginning and I'm just glad she's gone.

2. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Well, I was wrong on one of my bottom 3 so far...which is good, because I didn't want that one to go!

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Well, I got 2 out of 3 right for the bottom three!

Hmm...who will it be...I think Scott.

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2009

I think they should cut time and money from having the next two shows and just eliminate all of the bottom 3 tonight! They stink!

5. WindyCityGal606

Apr 8, 2009

Finally! Scott needs to GO!!
    Annop always look like he will go bonkers if eliminated. Scary.
    They had better not save Scott. He has been one of four to make this show seem rigged this year. Ridiculous. So many good artists were sent home this year. It's not fair that he is still on the stage.

6. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Ooh, that was nerve racking!

Scott got a bit of an attitude!

7. WindyCityGal606

Apr 8, 2009

Scott really was shocked that he was let go. Too bad. That's the way it goes. They have been patronizing him for too long. I found their comments insulting in their transparency each time one of them told him he was so fantastic. I don't see how he didn't finally appreciate hearing the truth. There are many more talented people on that stage.

8. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 8, 2009

Really? I didn't pick up on any attitude. I didn't see last night's performance by Scott, but he did a good job tonight. It was definitely nerve racking!! I don't think they will ever use the save.
    Anoop does look like he will crack if they call his name...:unsure:

On to next week!! I still think it will come down to Danny and Adam!!

I watched Adam's performance on youtube--It was ok--I've seen better by him.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Last night, Simon told Scott it was horrible, and he retorted "It wasn't that bad!" I don't know, he was just interrupting, which might have something to do with the chaotic situation, but he just seemed...desperate. Which what else should he be :dunno:...

I don't think they have needed to use the save really. If someone like Adam or Danny, or maybe even Allison, would have gotten voted out up til now, that's what I think the save is for. I guess if the top 5 came down to...hmm...Danny, Adam, Allison, Matt, Kris...they probably deserve the top 5 the most. One of them getting any less would have been just too bad. Especially, if it was like the year Sanjaya was there, and all these talented people were getting voted out, and he was staying...

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

It's gonna get really hard once Anoop goes...SOMEONE will have to go, and they are just all pretty good...

11. WindyCityGal606

Apr 8, 2009

Why do you think the judges keep heaping undeserved praise on Anoop? Really, he isn't even any good. He's not. Let's be honest.
    And why in the heck is Lil still on this show? She has no talent of her own other than to mimic. Heck, I can mimic. Many people can. So what?

12. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 8, 2009

Danny is someone I would listen to his records. Adam is the one I would go to watch perform. He is interesting! Alison and Lil Round both have great vocals too but they go behind these two for me. The rest can go.

13. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 8, 2009

AAhh...I see...I didn't see Scott's reaction last night. Megan had a bit of an attitude, too, and I don't think that goes over with the voters. She didn't last long after she copped an attitued.

Yeah, I think the judges already really know who they want to save, if they need to.

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 8, 2009

Up until last night, I really liked Lil-I thought she had real talent, and it was just waiting to come pouring out. But that Tina Turner look-alike was awful. Simon said it best, yes the vocals are OK, but to even walk and act like the original? Blech!

I think she gets the number one Waste of Talent award.

15. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 8, 2009

Should she be next on the chopping block?

16. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Apr 8, 2009

The parents of one of my students saw American Idol live two weeks ago. They said Scott had an attitude. He was yelling at the stage hands because he did not like the way his microphone was adjusted. They said no one else behaved like that.

17. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 9, 2009

I dunno! She or Anoop would be OK with me. After that, it will be hard!

I think any of the top 5 can do a Daughtry...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  18. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 9, 2009

I agree--Anoop mimics too much, and Lil hasn't "created" herself. Every week she is somebody different, and although Adam has been looking different every week, his music has been "Adam". The rest will definitely be pick up recording contracts--especially Danny and Adam.

19. WindyCityGal606

Apr 9, 2009

My family and I all agree that Adam would be the one to see perform live. He's a great entertainer. I don't know if his style would sell records or even be played on the radio. He's very theatrical. And SEXY!!
    I'm not surprised to hear Scott is arrogant. He's probably used to getting things his way because of his disability. I have a disabled sister who treats us all like we are worthless. She gets away with outward rudeness and hostility. We just feel awkward around her but no one has the guts to tell her the truth because we've all grown up feeling bad for her. Of course we now realize that it's our fault for allowing her to treat us like that. Do you think Scott feels like he deserves more than others because he's blind? I don't know.
    I can't wait to see Anoop's reaction when he is cut but I think it will be even better if the judges don't save him.
    Why do I keep forgetting about Danny? I need to pay better attention to him.
    There is an AI special on tonight. Does anyone know what it's about?

20. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2009

Interesting to hear about Scott's attitude from someone who's seen it firsthand. I thought it was just awkwardness.

21. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Apr 10, 2009

I didn't understand the judges gushing over Scott. They kept saying that he moved the audience. Well, I wasn't being moved in my living room and thought I was missing out on some type of charisma that the audience was feeling. The couple that attended didn't feel it either.

I also asked about Megan. The judges loved her voice. She sounded off-key to me at home. My student's mom said Megan sounded off-key to her too. The dad LOVED her!

Lil just keeps picking the wrong songs. The judges repeat that week after week.

Allison's voice is amazing, but she really, really needs a new stylist. Her hair, make-up and clothes don't look edgy they look cheap and harsh.

Adam is in a class above the rest. If he got voted off in the first week, he would go on to be very successful. He is not one I would listen to, but he is really talented. The couple who saw AI live said he was the only one who had a stylist touching up his make-up and hair until just before the cameras rolled.

I agree Lil should be the next to go and probably Anoop will be next. Adam will be in the final two. The rest is up in the air.

22. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 14, 2009

I had to bump this.... tonite's theme Songs of the Cinema with Quinton Taratino (sorry for spelling). This should be interesting... I'm wondering if this will be right up Adam's alley!!!

23. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

Who in the heck is coming up with these theme nights? I love me a good Tarentino film but to sing music from his movies for American Idol? HELLO?? Will the kids that watch even know this stuff? What is going on this year? I know Adam can pull it off but I do not want to endure a performance from Anoop or Lil Rounds for tonight's theme. It will be bloody dreadful! To be honest! LOL

Make sure to post your responses tonight everyone! I love watching the show with all of you and hearing everyone's feedback as it happens. :hugs:

24. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 14, 2009

Maybe the they can pick songs from any movies not just his (I HOPE). What does he know about singing anyway? Am I missing something?

25. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2009

I just heard that Simon may not be back next year. Something about him doing his two other shows and just doesn't have time for American Idol. Who knows, this could just be a rumor I heard.

I am anxiously awaiting tonight's show!

26. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

Allison did a great job! And thank goodness they have some good direction this time. Quentin Tarentino is there tonight to give them guidance. Finally, someone a bit more current than Barry Manilow! LOL

27. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

Anoop is on...please stab me in the forehead now! Awful and terribly embarrassing! How could the judges have brought him back?

Okay...did you hear the judges? Why do they keep praising him like this when we all know he DOES not sound good and he is not special at all!! Oh well!

28. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

OMG ADAM!!

29. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2009

Gosh darn, I missed him...just got in.

30. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

Danny ?
    I know it's not popular to say but I never thought he was a great artist in the first place. He's a sweet guy who can sing a little but he is not Idol status.

Matt is just a mess these days.

31. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2009

Danny was good, but didn't blow me away. What did Matt and Adam sing?

32. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

So far, the only two I've been disappointed with is Matt Geraud and Danny Everybody else has done a good jobn--especially Adam. Dannyy wasn't terrible, but he has been better. We'll see what Lil has...

33. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

I don't know why they say Danny is a brilliant singer. I am afraid that they are only being kind because his wife passed. That's just wrong because they are giving him false hope. If I was not good, I wouldn't want someone to patronize me and tell me I am amazing or brilliant. Not cool of the judges to do that. I wonder if those comments are scripted for audience drama?

34. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

Adam sand Born to Be Wild and Matt sang a song by Brian Adams--Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?

I love Brian Adam's songs!!!

35. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2009

So do I!

36. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

Adam was born to be wild! LOL

Matt is blowing is really nice, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He is going to look back on these tapes for the rest of his life smacking himself in the forehead! He has talent but he is just unfocused and messy in his technique.

37. WindyCityGal606

Apr 14, 2009

What is wrong with Lil?
    She is the worst contestant I've ever heard on Idol all 8 years.

38. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2009

So, who'll go?

I'd like to see either Matt or Lil on their way; I think both have overstayed their welcome.

39. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 14, 2009

Lil really has no clue why Simon thinks she stinks. She tries to explain herself but it's not doing her any good. I thought Adam was good but I really hate when he screams during the songs. We know he can hit those notes...it's getting a bit old.

40. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 14, 2009

Okay, I loooooved Anoop tonight. I thought the emotion came through and he was right on key on every note. Beautiful. I really thought he was best.