AMERICAN IDOL

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 20, 2009

I like Adam too. Kris is too vanilla for me. Sorry Kara, I don't get inspired every time I hear him sing. I haven't connected to him at all.

2. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 20, 2009

But Kris does play guitar and piano, so he has a lot to offer a record label. I think Adam will win, but I'm kind of bored with him. He does have talent, though, so he is deserving. Could you imagine him writing his own songs? I'm not sure. Kris I could imagine.

I liked Kara's song, but it didn't do much for either one of them. It sounded hard to sing, too.

Tonight should be very entertaining. Wonder if Nicole Kidman will be in the audience?

3. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

May 20, 2009

Go Adam! I am all for a winner who is different than usual.

4. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 20, 2009

Wow. I like Kris a lot but there is no way he should have won, even he said it. What makes me sad is that I am sure that some people voted for Kris just because they did not want a gay idol. There is just no comparison between the two.

5. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

May 20, 2009

I'm so glad Kris won. I think Adam definitely had his fan base - and he's very talented, but I think his style is so unique that it didn't necessarily appeal to a wide range of people (enough to win over the extra votes he needed). He'll be better off without the American Idol title, though.

I'm certain Kris grabbed all of Gokey's votes. I don't see his supporters throwing their votes to Adam.

Such a great finale. I would have been fine with either one winning, but I've been a Kris fan since the beginning so I was pretty happy to see him win.

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 20, 2009

wow; what a show; I was actually kinda bored until they started to bring out the variety of singers; so I was anxious to see who would be next!

Adam has a very unusual voice; and he has stage presence! I actually wanted him when he tried out during preliminaries; but my heart went with Kris as of last week.

Both guys will do very well in the music world.

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 20, 2009

In a way I feel like neither of them should have won. Adam shouldn't because he needs a label that will support him and his outrageousness, and Kris because he seems like a John Mayer type who should write his own music, which i doubt they will allow.

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 20, 2009

I said Kris from the beginning and I told my boyfriend to bet on it. Had he listened we would have won 400 dollars!

9. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 20, 2009

I think Adam will do much better having not won the idol top spot ...and i dont think it had anything to do with him being gay .He has a great voice and will go far making music the way he wants!

I think Chris meets the mark for the type of music thats put out by idol winners.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 20, 2009

I never liked Kris so I won't be following him but I'm not disappointed that Adam didn't get it. It sometimes is better that way especially because he needs to do his own thing. I'm shocked because usually I at least like both finalist and this time I didn't but I know enough people did so that's what matters.

11. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

May 20, 2009

Well crap! I am looking at threads during commercial breaks and didn't even think about the time difference! Now I know who wins! Oh well, my fault and I didn't watch the season anyways. Just last night.

12. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

May 20, 2009

SHUCKS! Adam didn't win. :eek:How can America not know which one of the two can sing?! Remember the year with Ruben and Aiken?(sp?) It's going to be like that and I hope ADAM will go on and show that he's got a lot more talent than what America's vote said.:D
    Rebel1

13. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 20, 2009

I thought it was overall a great show tonight. Nice duets with the American Idol singers and the stars.

Great season, everyone! It's a wrap!

14. ILoveMyCello

ILoveMyCello Companion

May 20, 2009

I didn't care for either throughout the season. I am glad Kris won. I am fine with Adam being gay-but I think having pictures of yourself in drag and tounging other guys on the internet sets a terrible example for teenagers who follow the show closely.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 21, 2009

I'm not a diehard fan of AI, but I've been watching a few episodes this season. Adam is almost the BEST OF THE PREVIOUS MALE WINNERS & I can't believe he didn't win. The voters got it wrong this time around. The audience seemed to be speechless too. Kris is nothing special.

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 21, 2009

I think that Kris will be another of those American Idol winners who we hear about occasionally and that Adam will have a great deal of success. Although Adam was my favourite, by far, I'm glad that he won't be tied to the Idol "machine" and will be free to do his own thing (and I still want to adopt him!)

17. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

May 21, 2009

Adam will have the better career

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 21, 2009

I was shocked.... but happily.... I wasn't really voting for either one of them throughout the season, so I was cheering for the underdog Chris.

Hubby told me good news last nite...we are going to the tour!!!!

19. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

May 21, 2009

I was shocked Adam didn't win. His duet with Kiss and Queen was awesome. Could have done withoput the chick in the swimming suit with the boob job. But now Adam can do the album he wants.

20. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

May 21, 2009

The highlight for me was seeing Jason Mraz perform. I really like him and his music!

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 21, 2009

Right, it's actually a blessing in disguise to be the runner-up because you've gained enough notoriety to be noticed by those in the music industry & you're free to do your own thing, yet you're NOT bound by American Idol's rules & procedures if you actually won...things like them having control over what you sing, other things you have to do for so many yrs after winning, etc., because as you know, there's a contract the winner's made to follow.

22. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 21, 2009

I am pretty sure however that the record company the signs the winner has first dibs on the runner up also. I know they have signed both in the past

23. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 21, 2009

I liked the Jason Mraz song, too. That swimsuit girl was just a joke and Kara acted like an idiot. How juvenile.

I think both Kris and Adam will have careers. They each have a niche.

Did you hear the list of the top ten former Idol earners? Carrie Underwood was first, of course, and Jennifer Hudson was second. Did they say that on the show? I heard it on the radio.

24. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

May 21, 2009

25. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

May 21, 2009

So happy that Kris won!

26. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 22, 2009

I had to look it up because you got me interested. Rueben isn't even on the list, and look how bad Taylor did. No Fantasia either.

Forbes' just-unveiled list of 2009 Top-Earning "American Idol" contestants sees country singing sensation Carrie Underwood securing the No. 1 spot. Winner of the hit singing competition's 4th season is listed to have taken in an estimated $14 million earnings in the last year alone. The tally reportedly comes from her touring income, recording royalties and endorsement deals.

Coming in 2nd place is Jennifer Hudson. The finalist of the 3rd season of "Idol" is said earning $5 million during 2008, an amount which is believed to have been bolstered by her endorsement deal with GAP. The 3rd Top-Earning "Idol" in the list is Kelly Clarkson, whose earning is estimated at $4.2 million.

Winner of "American Idol" season 6, Jordin Sparks, also makes the list, banking an estimated $3.1 million in the past year, Forbes reports. Rounding out the Top 5 is Kellie Pickler, having made $2.3 million, thanks to the strong sales of her albums and her Sexy Hair product endorsement deal.

Forbes' Top 10 "Idol" Earners of 2009:

Carrie Underwood - $14 million
    Jennifer Hudson - $5 million
    Kelly Clarkson - $4.2 million
    Jordin Sparks - $3.1 million
    Kellie Pickler - $2.3 million
    Clay Aiken - $2.2 million
    Chris Daughtry - $2 million (thought it would be more)
    David Cook - $2 million
    David Archuleta - $1.3 million
    Taylor Hicks - $300,000

27. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 22, 2009

I also saw those headlines.
    MuggleBug, did it give any numbers? :wub:

28. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 22, 2009

WOW! I wouldn't mind making $300,000 either! :haha:

29. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

May 22, 2009

I don't think so. I had originally heard 38 million votes came from Arkansas alone, but then I think that was debunked. We may never know... :eek:hmy:

30. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 22, 2009

Lemonhead....is that what Carrie took home or just made...because when I heard the take home her first year it was not much more thatn Taylor I believe....

31. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 22, 2009

what she made in '08. I suppose it was from her taxes records??

32. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

May 22, 2009

Even Simon was IN SHOCK!!!:crosseyed
    He just sat there with that look on his face when he doesn't have anything nice to say.:eek:
    Rebel1