AMERICAN IDOL

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 16, 2009

:lol::lol:

2. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 17, 2009

I didn't think that was his natural color.

3. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Apr 17, 2009

UGHHGH I can't keep up with these posts.

Thoughts:

Adam- rocked it and is way above everyone performance-wise.
    Matt- I agree with whoever said he is sort of forgetable. He sings really well but is not AI material
    Kris- tweens like him but I can't tell you one song he has sung except for the other night.
    Allison- Awesome singer- I bet she has a career but something is missing with her personality wise unless she is just over shadowed by the personalities of Anoop, Danny, and Adam
    Lil- She has blown her chance. She's gone down hill.
    Danny- He is still good but doesn't seem like he has put it all out there the last 2 weeks. I wanted him to win at first but now I want Adam.
    Anoop- I thought this week was his best week. I was in the other room and couldn't see the TV...he sounded fabulous to me.

ZOE- you need to be a commentator!!

Simon- would be crazy if he didn't come back. He makes so much money and the show really needs him.

Kara- love her

Randy- has toned it down this year

Paula- is Paula

Ryan- still cute:)

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 17, 2009

I remember when I first saw Justin Timerlake - and thought he was very nondescript..... I think Matt has a lot of growing to do as a performer, though I think he is talented.

I don't really enjoy Allison and probably wouldn't even if she changed her hair. But that would help.

Ryan is too much of a weasly little wuss for me. I love Simon. He makes the show.

The reason Adam is a showman is because he's spent his childhood in musical theater. Which is fine, but he does seem too much like Rocky Horror Picture Show....

And who said Anoop seems like a doctor? That is so funny - and true.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 17, 2009

We watch with the family. On Wednesdays we all try to predict who will be voted off. Ours said "I think the guy with the big eyebrows." Hubby & I tried not to giggle, but corrected & said, "That's Anoop." Ahhh kids the innocent honesty!!!

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 17, 2009

My husband says Adam reminds him of early KISS.

7. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Apr 17, 2009

Adam of course is GREAT and
    lil still needs to do something BIG!

I think it will come down to Adam, Allison, IF she can pick it UP a bit, and Danny. lil can be in the final mix if she can finally choose the right song and sing instead of scream.
    Rebel1

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 21, 2009

Is anyone going to be brave and watch Disco night?*shudder*I'm still thinking about just watching the results tomorrow :lol:

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I'm always brave. ;)

10. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 21, 2009

Lil was awful--Kris did a great job---But I didn't think Lil's was a disco song???

I'm not sure what to think of Danny right now--not crazy about it--but I like Earth, Wind & Fire--but his version is a little boring for me.

11. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I don't like the "message" Kris' song had. Hmm...I would have preferred something else.

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2009

Lil--I've never felt that she has any connection with the audience
    I liked Kris--probably my favourite by him so far.
    Danny was good, but he's a little "boring" to watch.
    Allison--I can't help but like her

Paula, however, is driving me crazy! She is making less and less sense every time she opens her mouth. What was all that to Kris tonight?

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2009

Adam makes me melt...

14. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 21, 2009

Donna Summer was inspired to write the song when she saw a bathroom attendant in a restaurant falling asleep. It was a big hit during my teenage years, and we thought it was about a prostitute...we were wrong.

Hmmmm......Adam really changed this song--I barely recognize it---eeewww--there's the scream and the tongue.....

Allison--did a good job! She is consistent!

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2009

Oh no, Paula's going to say something really weird--she's got that look in her eyes.

16. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I DID think the song was about a prostitute.

I don't know the song Adam sang so I can't tell how close or not close it was to the original but I actually loved it.

I'm disappointed in Danny. He was my favorite during the early weeks and he went downhill from there. Initially I thought he was a sure winner and nobody could touch him. He lost me weeks ago but memories of those early auditions/songs keep me hoping he'll pull something off. He hasn't.

17. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 21, 2009

Oh my, did you see her watching Adam. She looked like a teeny bopper in love! I really did like Adam, not my favorite performance of his but I still liked it a lot.

18. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 21, 2009

C-n-G--I know exactly what you mean about Danny. He hasn't changed or improved at all since the beginning of the competition. I thought he was a sure winner in the beginning. Now I am beginning to think it might come down to Allison and Adam.

Hmm..Anoop is trying the unshaven look..:confused:

19. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I don't like Allison so I only have one contender now. I'm seriously disappointed in Danny though. I really wanted him to continue to improve. I was blown away at first. Now I want to go slap him and tell him to wake up a bit.

20. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2009

Wasn't thrilled with Anoop's performance.

Who will be the 2 to go? I think Lil and Anoop. Matt was pretty good tonight.

21. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 21, 2009

Anoop just bored the heck out of me! I agree with what Simon had to say about him. I think Lil and Anoop should be gone tomorrow or maybe even Kris.

22. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I like Anoop's look tonight. At least he doesn't look like a straight laced medical student. He still isn't star quality to me but I like that he is trying to play with his looks some.

23. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 21, 2009

Lil and Anoop---I hope.

24. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2009

I have never thought Danny was a good singer. Still, I felt bad for him losing his wife.
    I still don't like Anoop. I don't get what the big fuss is about him.

Lil is just stupid. She should have gotten some vocal coaching or something by now. I am really thinking she had just practiced one good song for the audition and couldn't really sing anything else.

25. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

I think he had a good song or two pre-top 12 days and we were hoping that would continue but he didn't deliver. He just doesn't cut it.

I loved Danny pre-top 12 days and a little into the top 12 but he lost his appeal fast. Lil was a good singer too but she just never broke out of the karoke stage.

26. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 21, 2009

Do you know what cracks me up? Do you realize how many hard-of-hearing/deaf people watch this show? :lol:

I qualify for an implant that requires you to have a severe-profound hearing loss in both ears and I'm sending emails to the implant company's audiologist talking about which American Idol contestant we like best. :rofl:

I also work at a deaf school and it always surprises me every single year when I find people with greater hearing losses than mine to discuss the show with. :toofunny:

There is a REASON why this show is captioned. :D

27. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 21, 2009

Hope it's Lil & Anoop.

I thought Matt did well. I thought Danny did as well!!!

I didn't like Allison... you know she was running out of air or something because she didn't hold the notes very long & she made faces after it!!!

I didn't like Adam either...sorry. I just can't stand that "scream" & tongue!!!! UGH!!!

I really didn't like they got to go so off Disco. I liked the few that try to stay "truer" to the genre!!!

28. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 21, 2009

:agreed:

29. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2009

For me, Lil, Anoop, or Matt can go.

I don't see how Lil can continue to not see what the judges are saying about her being karioke. She has to hear what everyone else does with the songs to make them their own, and yet she continues to just do the same thing every week--mostly a copy of the original artist. She's either very stubborn or just doesn't get it.

30. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 21, 2009

I agree! The songs were more early 80's--right after disco died! A few stayed true, but most did not.

31. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 22, 2009

I'd like to slap the producers. Really? Disco night? They tell them to "be themselves" then they make them sing disco?

I've always thought the theme nights were stupid. Not a one of these kids, no matter who wins, is going to put out a disco song. And even if they change and rearrange it, I don't know...blech!

Personally, I didn't like any of them tonight. I didn't like the songs, I didn't like the arrangements, and I didn't like the singing. Maybe I'm grumpy tonight! It was just so...predictable...what songs were going to be sung. You knew there would be Donna Summer. You knew Earth, Wind, and Fire. When you think disco, this is what you get. Ick!

32. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 22, 2009

I would have to agree that no one stood out and I thought Anoop and Adam were horrible. :sorry: to all of the Adam fans.

33. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Apr 22, 2009

I agree with the posts that no one especially stood out. The night was pretty boring overall.

The best part of the night for me was watching Simon's face whenever Paula opened her mouth. Seeing that was worth watching disco theme night....

34. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Apr 22, 2009

I have always loved Danny, but was disappointed last night--all of his songs are starting to sound the same to me. Liked Adam, but not sure if one of his trademark screams was necessary in that song. Lil, Anoop and Matt-bottom 3. I don't think the producers ever expect these kids to record Disco, or BArry Manilow or whatever. I think it is just to challenge them to take a difficult genre and make it palatable.

35. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 22, 2009

Byebye Anoop!!! And Lil...wonder who's going next week...

36. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 22, 2009

Lil and Anoop--they needed to go--especially LIL....down to 5!!!

37. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Apr 22, 2009

I was waiting for the update. We had to run to Lowe's and then get supper out. So I missed it all.

38. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 22, 2009

I'm glad Lil is gone. I was hoping to get rid of Allison too. I'm totally into the guys this season.

39. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 22, 2009

I figured Zoe is absolutely heartbroken over Lil's departure. :p :hugs:

I didn't watch last night's show-- seems like I didn't miss much-- but actually took the time to watch tonight's show. I'm happy with the results and think we're going to wave buh-bye to Allison next week and Matt the following week.

I wasn't impressed with the entertainment tonight, I must admit. When the second singer (the one in the yellow dress) knelt slightly at the beginning of her song, I prayed out loud that she wouldn't do that move again... sorry, there are things I just don't need to see. :p It also seems like puberty hit David Archuletta; his voice sounded a little bit deeper.

What is next week's theme?

40. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 23, 2009

I don't know what next week's theme is but I'm sure it will be way better than Disco!! I detest that music!!!!!