American Idol

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by DizneeTeachR, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 4, 2006

Remember, Fantasia and Ruben didn't fit the stereotype either.

2. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 4, 2006

What has Fantasia been up to anyway? I don't listen to Top 40 so I wouldn't know if she has a hit or not. But has she had any success outside of Idol? This is actually my first year watching Idol so far into the show. In the past I stop watching after the Hollywood cuts.

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

May 4, 2006

Fantasia hasn't had any success at all, but then again, neither has Ruben. He had one song in 2004 (which stunk!) and I haven't heard anything about him since.

4. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 4, 2006

I was glad to see Paris go, and thought she should have gone weeks ago.

5. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 4, 2006

I was worried Paris would actually win, her singing is really good I think. But I told my husband before the show started last night that if Paris gets booted off I'm going to throw a big party this weekend.

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 4, 2006

so are you having the party?

7. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 5, 2006

No, For one thing everyone I know loved Paris, and they would not appreciate a party celebrating her dismissal. Plus my house is a mess with getting ready for a big moving sale.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 5, 2006

I'd party w/ya!!!

What bugged me about her besides her speaking voice was that her grandma was somehow in the music biz...doesn't she have connections...Randy sure gave her a big hug!!!

9. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 5, 2006

That's the biggest reason I didn't like her. She surely has connections. Her grandmother was a multi-Grammy winner.

10. maggiedoodle

maggiedoodle Rookie

May 9, 2006

I'm excited for tonight's show, but I'm sorried that Elliot will go home. I don't really think he'll win, but I love his voice & he seems really sincere. Anyone know what the theme is?

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 9, 2006

Elvis!!!

12. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 9, 2006

I'm hoping Katherine's 2nd song is better. I really wasn't blown away by Chris or Elliot (waiting for his 2nd song). Taylor singing "Ghetto" was amazing. That is my all time favorite Elvis song and he did really well.

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 9, 2006

Ok, spoke too soon, Elliott did great on his second song.

14. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 9, 2006

Katharine was not tooo great!!!! Chris just exudes sex appeal Suspicious Minds was great..

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I thought Katharine did well...Taylor was GREAT....Didn't like the other 2...Chris w/Little less conversation...JUST PLAIN AWFUL!!!!

16. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I know it happens sometimes, but I was a bit disappointed that Katherine forgot her lyrics...can you say Melissa? I wonder if that will hurt her votes. I think they all did pretty well. I think Elliot did great and I hope he doesn't go home. As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be too hurt if Taylor went home. Or Katherine because she forgot the lyrics. I still like all of who are left, but someone has to go.

17. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I was watching something last nite and they asked Simon to pick the expected winner.. he said Chris... I was pretty happy. I went to Taylor's site and downloades some of his songs with his band.. I really think he will do well wheteher or not he wins.

18. sjohnsmor

sjohnsmor Rookie

May 10, 2006

My favorite is definetly Chris..actually, I have become quite the stalker! ;) My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I love him! I also like everyone who is left..although this year doesn't seem to WOW me as much as the past years..I mean eh hem...except for Chris. :)
    My guess is that Katherine will go home. We'll see...

19. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 10, 2006

I was a Chris freak. But after last night I am a Katherine fan. I think she was awesome!!

20. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I am the other way around. Chris has always been my fav, but Katherine was always my second until last night. She forgot the words...not cool in a competition like this. You have to be on the ball and nothing less. She is still very talented though. I think she'll get a recording contract regardless if she wins or not. Her voice is very effortless and she's almost always on key.

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

Did anyone notice she forgot the words until Randy said something...not me....Real singers forget,but use the crowd to sing along. I didn't notice at all. I thought Chris lacked personality in the 2nd song expect for a little at the end and then he yelled in a Elvis song...I was shocked!!!

22. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I noticed...did anyone else? You could tell when she muffled her words as she was turning around. I just think in a contest like this you have to prove yourself every time. Someone who has been around the block and back has earned their right to forget.

I agree about Chris's second song. He's still my fav, but his energy was missing until the end. It's like I was waiting for his song to get better.

23. sjohnsmor

sjohnsmor Rookie

May 10, 2006

So does anyone else think Paula is on drugs, or is it just me???

24. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 10, 2006

yeah, I think Paula is high and Simon wants to strangle her.

25. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

Yeah, she acts strange that's for sure.

26. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

Paula is definitely not the brightest crayon in the box. I think the whole Cory "scandal" from the other season drove her wacky

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2006

I think she's definitely on something. And I think you're right about Simon wanting to strangle her, katerina. His money is in this show, not hers. I wasn't impressed with Chris last night. I enjoyed Katharine's first song even though they seemed to pan it. I did not notice the problem with the lyrics until Randy mentioned it. Everyone is saying Taylor performed so well last night, but I wasn't feeling it, that's for sure.

28. gigi

gigi Groupie

May 10, 2006

We noticed Katharine's mistake right away. I think she is going tonight, she didn't do that well last week. Maybe she is really feeling the pressure now.

29. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

My kids were watching the last few weeks and I watched with them and saw katherine and I think she stinks! LOL!

30. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

Tisk tisk Kinder! Just kidding...LOL! I think anyone could be going home at this point. It's a really close battle for that title!

GO CHRIS, GO CHRIS!!!

31. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

My son wants Chris to win, my daughter is voting for Elliot. They both want Katherine to go........she is way to screechy and tries too hard. I think she uses her body to compensate for her voice.;)

32. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 10, 2006

I have been a Kellie fan, until she started acting just "too clueless", then I moved on to Chris (for obvious reasons) and I couldn't stand katherine until last night. I didn't even like the 2 songs she put together as her first song, but I thought she did so great. My husband thinks Simon has the hots for her, but he didn't seem to enjoy her performance last night. I don't care who wins...as long as it's not Paris and thank goodness she's gone...though I did hear her say somewhere that she will be working on a album.

33. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 10, 2006

Does anyone else like Simon? I used to despise him because he was always telling skinny girls that they need to lose weight. I notice he doesn't do that anymore. I like Simon and respect his opinion. What are your opinions of him?

34. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

I think he says it like it is.. he's a good businessman that's for sure.. he's hardest on those he feels has potential.. and this is wise since he technically works for BMG

35. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

now who really gets on my nerves is that Randy.. He should be the last one giving criticism as I saw him in a Journey video from the early 80's with a really funky do and hot pink spandex... ugggghhh

36. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

:eek: :( :confused: WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED.. CHRIS DIDN'T DESERVE THIS AT ALL.

37. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 10, 2006

I AM STUNNED!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

CHRIS IS GONE!!!!!!! Stunned I tell ya! It looked like Katharine knew she was a goner. She was stunned as much as Chris when they said his name.

Lori

38. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 10, 2006

It's rigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They couldn't have all men in the finals. What a joke.........no wonder I don't think much of this show.

39. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2006

She sure was stunned. But I think it was the right vote.

40. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 10, 2006

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.
    Thank you for posting! I got hung up in Lost and just realized the time. I knew he didn't do as well as he could have last night and Elliot blew everyone away with his second song.
    I have no doubt Chris will end up with a record deal, though.