American Idol

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by DizneeTeachR, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 27, 2006

I think that Elliott has a good shot at winning. Katharine, too.

2. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 27, 2006

I really hope it comes down to Chris, Katherine, and Elliot. Even though I like Chris the best, I'd be happy with any of those three winning.

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 27, 2006

I like Chris and Taylor. And Elliot wasn't that bad. I think he has gotten better since the start of the season.
    I would like Paris to go home next.

4. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 28, 2006

Me too.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 29, 2006

OK..I checked AI website....each singing 2 songs one from birth year & one from this week's top 40!!! So 70's & 80's music.

6. gigi

gigi Groupie

Apr 30, 2006

That sounds good. I haven't liked the choices that have had to make this year.

7. hatima

hatima Devotee

Apr 30, 2006

JenPooh, I agree that Paris should go next. I was sad Kellie went because I thought she had potential, but the last two weeks were really bad.

Out of those left my favorites left is Katherine. Elliott and Chris are OK.

8. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 2, 2006

I think Paris is heading home... Finally

9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

May 2, 2006

I think so, too. Chris was awesome, especially his first song, and I LOVED Taylor singing his first song. It was perfect! I don't think Katherine did well on either of hers.

10. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 3, 2006

Ok I missed songs last night.
    But I saw Chris's second song and hated it. I like Taylor first song (missed second), Paris's second song (missed first), also like Katherine's second song but did not like her first song.

11. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

May 3, 2006

I missed Elliot's first song, but loved his second. I liked Chris's first song, but the second really wasn't great. He strains his voice way too much. I liked Paris's first song, but I didn't think she did well with the second...even though the judges seemed to like it. I thought Katherine did well with her second song, but I thought the first one was pretty bad. Taylor, eh, he did well with the Beatle's song, but the first one really was "karaoke-ish."

12. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

I think all did a pretty good job last night, even Paris (can't believe I said that!). I hope Paris goes home tonight, even though she did pretty good last night. I'm hoping Taylor will go home after her, even though I think he's good. It's just getting down to the end so it's always hard to see who will leave or not.

13. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

I am a Michael Buble fan.. and I think Elliot did him justice. I also think that he sounded just like George Benson, although I don't particularly care for that song.
    All I know is, I felt really old when they were all born in the late 70's early 80's :(
    Paris massacred Kiss, and beleive it or not I couldn't even tell you the song by Mary J. Blige, cause I don't listen to her. I liked Catherine's second song,,,, but Phil Collins must have cringed when he heard her sing the first one.
    Taylor is just Taylor... he's the comic relief.. but I love him

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 3, 2006

I didn't really think anyone did very well except Elliott. I felt old, too! Katharine's first song was awful and Taylor just highlighted his non-mainstream weirdness, I thought, with the first one. (I enjoy Taylor, but he is too quirky to be an AI.) I didn't like either one of Chris's. Paris performed fine, she is just way too annoying to me.

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

I'm against all of you...I didn't care for Elliott...I didn't like Chris's
    2nd song at all, it felt like he was yelling at me. Katharine's 1st not so good 2nd one good. Paris ok for me and Taylor did WELL!!!

16. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

You guys are all too funny! It's interesting how everyone has their own styles and favorite people. I thought Chris yelled a bit much too, but that is what makes him unique. He's a rocker, and rockers yell, so it's fitting for his type of genre. I didn't get to hear the first songs at all, but from what I heard on the playback at the end they all sounded pretty good. I like Katherine but she did sound kind of off on the first from what little I heard. I just don't think that song is meant to be sung by a girl, especially in the range she did it in. She should have tried it in a lower range.

I actually liked Paris singing Kiss. Of course, I didn't hear the whole thing, but what I did hear it didn't sound too bad. Maybe I need to hear the whole thing and I'd think differently.

I still have to say Elliot is growing on me. Maybe since he's the underdog? Not sure why really, but I think he has an amazing voice. I don't care about his teeth, because I have crooked teeth too and I'd hate to think that when I sing at church with our band that people are saying they don't like me because of my teeth. I know this is different, but maybe because my teeth aren't perfect either that is why I like him. I don't like perfectionist looks. Elliot also has personality. He seems very sweet and humble and I like that about him.

My fav is still Chris though. I have to root for the rocker because that is what I like!!!:) I'm a rock chic, so I have to stand by my fellow rockers!

17. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

May 3, 2006

You're right about yelling being part of that genre, but I can't imagine him singing more than 3 or so songs before completely losing his voice. It sounded like he was very close to it during that second song last night. Like the judges said, he really needs to work on that. Elliot has been my favorite from day one. I absolutely love his voice and he did wonderful last night with Michael Buble's song. :)

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

Jen...it's hard to hear Kiss done by anyone but Prince!!!

I know yelling is part o the genre, but not usually a whole song...for me where's the talent in that...I could get up there & do that!!!;)

I've liked Katharine & Taylor since it started...Taylor since the tryouts!!!

19. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

I think Elliot is very down to earth and he really has a nice voice, there is something I like about Taylor... I could see myself friends with this guy.. ( hope you are all not too afraid of me now.) lOL.. I kept calling in for Taylor last nite too. I got through twice. You would think I was 16 years old... LOL

20. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

Awww, do you have a poster of him on your wall yet?!;)

A good friend of mine really likes Taylor. My son likes to watch the Tuesday night shows with me and he likes Elliot and Taylor too.

Diz, like I said...I'm a faithful rock chic!:) I'd be abandoning my music if I didn't root for Chris. Just once I'd like to see a rocker win!!! We've already had every other genre win. Although, at this point, I'd be happy with any of them winning...except for Paris. She's just too young for me to be impressed with. I have an issue with anyone under the age of 18 trying to "hit it big". I don't really know why, it just bugs me.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  21. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 3, 2006

Hey I think I pretty much said the same things you did. So your not against me. We must have similair hearing LOL.

22. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 3, 2006

I was rooting for Bo last yr. I really think he didn't win because he isn't what people would call good looking. Chris on the other may just win.

23. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

As a former 80's hair band chick, ,,, Ie. Poison, Skid Row, Motley Crue... Chris definitely deserves the title this time:)

24. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 3, 2006

I kind of feel the same as Dizneteacher, I never have liked Eliot, even though he was ok last night, I think that the kind of rocker that Chris is (alternative) is a bit too harsh for the general AI listener. It's not like things will get easier when the show is over, the preasure will be even higher having to be on every morning show, late show and every talk show inbetween. If he is fussing over his voice now and the amount of work, how will Chris handle all that if he wins...... I hope its Taylor, but I'm more realistic than that, I don't think he will be.

25. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

WHERE'S THE HAIR!!!! lol!!!!

26. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

AMEN!!!

27. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 3, 2006

It's Chris all the way for me. He is the only one I love. He is the whole package :)

28. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

Diznee- LOL I didn't even think of that! Chris has none, but the sound is really what I was getting at..LOL :)

29. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

Adios Paris !!!!!!

30. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

May 3, 2006

No surprise there. But I thought that Katherine's first performance would put her in the bottom two. You never know!

31. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 3, 2006

that would have made it a bit more interesting. It's too predictable anyway, but I still can't stop watching.

32. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

May 3, 2006

Neither can I - who do you think will win AND who do you think should win?

33. hatima

hatima Devotee

May 3, 2006

little help? I had to record American Idol last night and haven't watched it yet. I did find out who was cut. Who else besides Paris was in the bottom three?

Thanks,

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 4, 2006

Elliot was the other in the bottom 2. Katherine looked quite shocked whenever the camera cut to her after the bottom 2 were announced. Now it really gets tough...I wish Katherine would be the next to go (I know she is talented, but she rubs me the wrong way somehow), but doubt that "they" will leave 3 guys for the final 3.

35. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 4, 2006

I know what you mean about Katherine, but I do think she will win because she fits the stereotype of the AI. I do like Elliot and Taylor, but I think they will be the next 2 to leave.

36. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 4, 2006

I was shocked that Paris got the boot, but I am glad she's gone.

37. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 4, 2006

On the Today show they said Taylor is the only one left that hasn't been in the bottom. They predict Katharine is next to leave...at least the correspondent does.

I hope Elliott leaves next!!! Sorry for those of you who like him!!!

38. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 4, 2006

I think the producers showed us last night who will be the top three. last night when they sung that song, Chris, Taylor and Kathleen sang a solo part and Eliot and Paris chimed in. Did any one notice that?

39. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 4, 2006

I didn't see much of the 1st song....Next week ELVIS!!! Hmm....I wonder what the rocker will do!!! Should be an interesting week....PLEASE DON'T DISTROY ELVIS SONGS!!!!!!!!

40. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 4, 2006

As soon as I saw you liked "hair" bands...I couldn't help but make a statement!! LOL ;)