American Idol

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Emma35, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Mar 23, 2010

Anyone else watching it? It is very boring this season. I may not watch it anymore!

3. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2010

I'm finding it boring too! ugh; I don't even think about it; I was really looking forward to this season minus Ellen; why is the show such a drag?!?!?
    :unsure:

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 23, 2010

It is really bad! There are a few that are OK, but even if the good ones had been on in previous seasons, they would have been eliminated right away.

So far, the iffy ok ones for me are Crystal, Didi, and Casey. I have been an Andrew fan since his Straight Up performance, but he just can't get "it" back! I want to like him...

Blah-at least if the show is over after this season, I won't be sad!

5. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2010

Could this be it's Jump the shark season?? I don't watch it, but it sounds like it is.

6. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Mar 23, 2010

Is it really the last season? I didn't know that. I think that is a a good thing.

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 23, 2010

This season sucks.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 23, 2010

I don't know for sure, but I think the writing is on the wall-Simon is supposedly leaving, no more Paula, the no-talent...

9. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2010

Very, very tedious tonight. I kept switching to The Office reruns.

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Mar 23, 2010

I came home late caught the reacp= didnt miss much! :(

BAD season! ANd I love this show! There really is not one person who I am really rooting for!

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 23, 2010

I only watched the first couple of shows after they got to Hollywood. Ugh. It's worse than karaoke.

12. bros

bros Phenom

Mar 23, 2010

I like Crystal Bowersox (Or however you spell it)

She is good.

Although I think there is one person who should've been in the top 12 that wasn't. Lily or whatever, the blonde chick with an amazing voice. Instead, the horrendous Paige who brought us such ear breaking renditions of Smile and tonight's cringeworthy performance.

13. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Mar 24, 2010

I read that the show's been renewed for 3 more years...I just don't know how they're going to manage that, especially with Simon gone.

14. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Mar 24, 2010

Oh I'm into it this season-granted I'm usually listening to it in the background, rather than watching it. I agree there are definitely some people there who I can't believe are still there (ahem Andrew Garcia) but there are a couple of the girls in particular I like. Crystal is really talented, I like Siobhan and Katie-for being in High School-not too shabby. I like Casey and Aaron.

I did have a serious problem with Miley Cyrus being their "expert" mentor :eek:. Was there no other singer available, I guess I should be thankful they weren't all singing her songs last night.

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2010

Kinder...I thought the same thing about Milee as well.

I thought that last nite's was pretty boring overall. A Crystal being the standout. I liked Siobhan, but I'm already "sick" of the high note...I can't help but think she's the girl version of Adam.
    I thought Aaron's performance was his best last nite...usually I find him out of tune. Paige's was HORRIBLE!!! It must have been hard to stand there & listen to the judge's comments. I thought Katie's was out of tune as well. I thought Big Mike did pretty good. I hate the comments like the ice cream thing. It's like they like the big bowl from a people (Siobhan), but not from others.

I think there's a few that could be in trouble. Paige, Katie, Tim, & Andrew.

16. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Mar 24, 2010

This season is so depressing!! I have LOVED AI since the 1st season until now....I want a season like the yr carrie underwood won back!! That yr was full of so much talent!! They were fantastic! This yr they are just ok singers!!

17. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2010

I was saying that last week to someone. There really is no one that is WoWing me!!! Even last year we cheered for Danny & Matt!!! It was just fun to have a favorite. I can't really even say Oh that person is my fav!!!

18. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Mar 24, 2010

Wow-last night was, in the judge's words, a train wreck. I LIKE American Idol, and usually hate elimination night because there are so many singers I don't want to go home, but this year there are way more singers I DO want to leave. It is torture listening to some of them (Paige, Tim, Andrew, Didi, Katie) and I like Sioban, but I don't need to hear her scream in every song--like Adam. It is OK once in a while, but enough is enough. It also annoys me when the singers say (after a horrrible performance) that they had fun. Is that the point of the show? For them to have fun or do the best job they can?

19. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 24, 2010

That's what I think these singers are missing-they are on this show to become a singer-star. Not to do a little karaoke and be pretty good. I was shocked at the choices of songs last night. AI is not always so 'open' with the choices they give to the singers-any number 1 hit?? From any time period?? Holy crap! The judges kept saying-there are thousands of hit songs, and THIS is what you picked??? WHO is advising these kids?

20. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2010

Kcjo... I really can't stand that the judges can disrespect all the choices, but not help them find something. I mean I would love to get paid gazillions of dollars to say That was Terrible!!! I mean really. Even recording musicians have some direction with their labels or producer or something (even though I may question some of that as well).

I agree that they gave way too many yrs. They should've put restrictions like the past 20 yrs or someting. It scares me when they do do the 70s them!!! LOL!!!

Oh I forgot to mention I did like Didi's I see that she was trying to branch out a little bit. I think she was right about being pigeoned holed. I think that is what is happening to Crystal (even though I think she's good at it) I think her genre is going to be a Janis Joplin-sk singer.

21. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Mar 24, 2010

The judges often frustrate me because they tell the singers to find what their style is and stick with it and if the singers stay with a consistant style, the judges tell them they need to change it up and try different things. Seems when they try different things, the judges don't like it. :dizzy:

22. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2010

wow; it's gotten so bad that I didn't realize that the show was on last night.

What was the theme last night?

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2010

Sandra... any #1 on the top 20 Hot List... I believe...

24. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Mar 25, 2010

I am sure this will be the last year-it has gotten really bad.