American College of Education anyone?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MsMar, Feb 26, 2015.

1. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Feb 26, 2015

Curious if anyone here is enrolled in the Masters program online with the American College of Education. I have a Master's equivalency but not a Masters and I'd like to get my Masters so I can eventually add on credits so I can get a pay bump. (my district won't do Masters plus if you have the equivalency) They offer an online Masters in Health Education and as a Family and Consumer Science teacher I teach a lot of nutrition so I'm thinking that would be a good option for me. All other online schools with either a FCS Masters or Health Education Masters that I have found would cost about $20,000 and ACE is about $7,000. That cost sure is a lot more appealing, especially since my own children are starting college in 3 and 5 years.

So, anyone know anything about their program. Do you like it if you're in it?

I really want to do an online program and not have to deal with driving to a campus on top of working full time and taking care of my family, so at this point, online is the only thing I'm considering. It doesn't have to be in health education, I could just do a general program.

Thanks for any advice and feedback!

3. a7410333

a7410333 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015

What a topical post, I was just about to make a post about this school as well. I am in a similar situation to you in that I will be able to finish my post-bacc, but not my masters.

From what I can tell they are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Council and North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.

They are also accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council which has been merged with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.

What I don't know is if it matters that they are an online, for-profit school. All the accreditations seem to be in order. Someone who has more knowledge can hopefully help us out there.

4. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Feb 27, 2015

Would like to know more also.

5. a7410333

a7410333 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015

Bump :)

6. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Feb 28, 2015

LOL - I saw it was new in the thread and had hopes someone had some input! Thanks for the bump :).

7. a7410333

a7410333 Rookie

Mar 6, 2015

Sorry to get your hopes up again, MsMar...but bump! :)

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Mar 6, 2015

:)

9. CTSpaEngTeach

CTSpaEngTeach Rookie

Mar 6, 2015

I don't know if this makes any difference to you, but ACE doesn't accept FAFSA or any other type of federal financial aid. You'll have to pay out of pocket...