Amazing Inservice Speaker!!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by christine89, Aug 19, 2011.

1. christine89

christine89 Companion

Aug 19, 2011

Hi
    At an inservice I went to today there was such an amazing motivational speaker! Her basic concept was so simple but extremely moving. It was all about how your attitude can affect things in your life including teaching and how it's important to choose to have a positive attitude. This was particularly moving to me because as a new teacher, I'm feeling nervous and I really haven't had a good attitude lately about starting my first year. After hearing this speaker, I'm truly inspired to really keep a positive attitude going and not give up!
    I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but I've truly never been so moved by a speaker.
    Anyway, I thought I would share this in hopes that nerves and fear don't get others down the way they've been getting me down this week.

3. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Aug 19, 2011

That's a great way to start the new school year.

One thing to remember as well is that your students are also feeling nervous about the start of school.

4. MrsM7

MrsM7 Rookie

Aug 20, 2011

Sometimes I have needed to avoid the staff lounge at lunch because some teachers spend every day complaining and being negative. So my advice is to surround yourself with other positive people and ignore the negative ones. Good luck :)

5. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Aug 21, 2011

Check out Kim Adsit's site-she is also very positive and very helpful.