Amazing Cricut deal!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SportsFanTr, Jul 29, 2009.

1. SportsFanTr

SportsFanTr Companion

Jul 29, 2009

I found this link of off the Mailbox magazine newsletter in my email today, and am seriously considering buying this. Buy 10 Cricut cartridges for $399 and get the Cricut Expression system FREE :wow:(for educators only)

If I'm reading all of this correctly, the machine is normally $499 + you get 10 cartridges, and it's directly off the Cricut website...no fishiness from random websites. I had never really looked much at the machine before, but right now I'm in looove :D

Note: I have nothing to do with Cricut or any business, just heard people talk about it on here and thought I'd try to pass on an awesome deal.

http://www.cricut.com/education/

3. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Jul 29, 2009

Oh my gosh! What a great deal!

I am so tempted. I've been looking at one of these machines for ages. I am so tempted.

4. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Jul 29, 2009

It is a good deal but you can usually buy the machine for $269-299. The carts usually retail for 60.00 but you can definitely get them much cheaper than that.

The Cricut is an awesome machine and great for school. I have one for scrapbooking. i've used it for my son's preschool with classroom decorations, projects and book covers.

The messageboards on cricut.com have just started an Education forum. Check it out for great ideas.

5. Hamster

Hamster Comrade

Jul 29, 2009

Does anyone have this machine at their school? Tell us all about it. Our PTO is considering getting one instead of buying more Ellison die cuts. Wal-mart sells them for $259 and 2 cartridges.

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 29, 2009

I'm also tempted. I saw this deal when someone else posted it... I'd love to turn Sprout into a giant resource library for area teachers to come and use resource books without having to buy them, borrow equiptment instead of buying it, etc. It would be great to have one of these that teachers could just come and use. I really need a PLACE first, though. When we buy a place that has a garage or detached building that can be my Sprout 'nest', then maybe I'll jump on it. I'm trying not to buy and hoard at the moment. ;)

7. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Jul 29, 2009

This machine is great. It is better than the manual Ellison machines. Each cartridge can cut 100s of designs in sizes ranging from 1/4inch to 24 inches. You stick the paper to the cutting mat that has a light adhesive to it. Load the paper by pushing one button. Press the button (sometimes you have to push 2-3 buttons to get the picture you want. There are Function buttons and a shift button to get you extra pictures.) and press cut. The machine manuevers the blade through the paper cutting. You press the Unload button and remove your diecut from the page. DONE!

There is a learning curve to it. You have to pick the right pressure, speed, and blade depth for you paper. It does come with a guide but its not perfect. Also the sticky mats lose their stickiness and have to be replaced, as does the blade.

Cricut has an infomerical called Scrapbooking Made Easy. There are also accessories you can buy for the Cricut.

I teach classes on using the Cricut at my local scrapbook store. if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

8. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 29, 2009

SashaBear, thanks for the info...I am hoping to get one very soon...:)