Am I the only one NOT watching the Super Bowl??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2010

I may catch a commercial or two.

But I'm not a football fan, and I'm not in any pools. So, other than a hope that the people of New Orleans get something to cheer about, I really don't care about the game.

Anyone else?? And is there anything ELSE on TV tomorrow??

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2010

No, I won't be watching. I am just not into football and I really could are less about the commercials.

4. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Feb 6, 2010

You are not alone. Someone would have to pay me to watch it.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

I only watch it when I buy football squares.
    I didn't this year, so I will not be watching.
    I hate football.

Now, the Daytona 500 on Valentine's Day will have my rear-end firmly planted in the recliner ;)

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2010

We'll be going out to dinner tomorrow for Lauren's birthday. If we were home we might put it on--my son would probably watch, but we don't make a point of it.

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

I won't be watching it either; I love college basketball (go Syracuse!) and baseball, but have never gotten in to football.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2010

Even worse, I'm giving quizzes on Monday!!!!

I had planned to give them on Friday. But my freshmen simply weren't ready, and I forgot to mention it ahead of time to my 2nd period sophomore class.

So they'll all be taking a quiz the day after the Super Bowl-- a day I normally try to avoid.

C'est le vie

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 6, 2010

Football? Not with Puppy Bowl 2010 on Animal Planet! I'll watch that for a while and then go to a board game party at a bar with no television. Fun!

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

I'll definitely be watching. I LOVE football and hate to see the season end. I only wish my Packers could have been in it this year.
    Good thing baseball will start in a couple of months. I'm a sports fanatic. :D
    Go Saints!!!!

11. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Feb 6, 2010

I won't be watching. I'm going to take that time to go grocery shopping because trying to do that today was crazy!

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2010

I went yesterday, just in case the storm we didn't get made grocery shopping a pain.

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

Football. Yuck!!!

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 6, 2010

I don't like football. I just found out yesterday who was playing. I made arrangements to babysit Sun. afternoon/evening. I'd rather play Crazy 8s with little kids than watch the SuperBowl.

15. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

No, you are not. I am not watching the superbowl either. Even more, I have never in my life watched the superbowl, and I am 29.

16. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Feb 6, 2010

I won't be watching either! I've never watched a super bowl in my life! I'll probably be scrapbooking! Going to do my fafsa tomorrow as well..exciting stuff! lol

17. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Feb 6, 2010

I may have it on TV but I won't pay attention to the game and even if I did, I wouldn't understand it. I won $100 a couple years ago in the Giants vs. Pats game but I'm still not sure how...something about the #s of the boxes I picked corresponding w/ the score? I just took my money and ran.

18. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 6, 2010

I am not into it but since we have the biggest tv/projector we were supposed to have the party. With the monster snow we got, I doubt anyone will be over, but I am sure it will still be on. i could care less, but it is a little more interesting when it is 105 inches. lol

19. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Feb 6, 2010

I won't be watching (much) either, but for a different reason. The only Saints games I watched part of this year, they lost. So I won't be watching. I will keep the espn website up and often flip back and forth. I mean I have to watch some of it! It's Saints insanity around here. Everything that can stand still has been covered with black and gold and Who Dat signs are EVERYWHERE! (My church has Saints signs in the yard! :D)

20. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 6, 2010

Christy, that's what it was like in WI when the Packers went to the Super Bowl. Ironically, it isn't like that at all here in Indiana. Even when they were 14-0, it wasn't a BIG deal. If that had been the Packers, you can bet every gas station, grocery store, etc. in the entire state would have had a sign out front. It's just very strange, especially because so many people here are Colts fans, and they have Peyton Manning...

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 6, 2010

I'm going to a bday party tomorrow then spending the rest of the night doing laundry. I have no use for the Stuper Bowl I mean Super Bowl :rolleyes:

22. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Feb 6, 2010

Law and Order marathon on TNT for me.

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 6, 2010

I am SO ready for the game tomorrow! just got in from a parade (it's that season here) and I'm resting up to park in front of the TV all day tomorrow watching pregame analysis and stuff. We're Saints season ticket holders, so i can't imagine not watching the game! I'm not sure I've missed watching a Superbowl as long as I can remember...

24. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2010

I actually just asked my husband a little while ago if the Super Bowl is tomorrow. He'll probably have it on, but I won't be watching. Going to bed early sounds like a very good idea.

25. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2010

I will NOT be watching.

26. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 6, 2010

The what?

27. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 6, 2010

I looked longingly at the food in the grocery store ads today, but we are not sports people. And I don't think dh would buy the excuse that everyone else is pigging out as a reason to buy wings/chips/potato salad/pop/brownies/etc. Sigh. But yeah, no game for us. Smartest thing I ever did was marry a man who didn't watch sports.

28. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Feb 6, 2010

I am also thankful I married a like-minded non-sportsnut. Before kids we took advantage of the day to go places that are normally crowded. We're also like-minded crowd-haters :)

So no, I didn't even know the Superbowl was tomorrow. Alice is not alone.

29. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Feb 6, 2010

Not watch the SuperBowl?! No way!

WHO DAT?!?!?!?!?!

-grin-

Hope you ladies have a good non-football watching day ;)

30. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Feb 6, 2010

No Super Bowl here, we are not a sports family. However a couple of years ago we happened to flip to the Super Bowl during half-time and Janet Jackson lost her top:lol::eek:

31. luckypanda

luckypanda Rookie

Feb 6, 2010

Very excited to watch the Super Bowl! I LOVE football and the Packers of course ;) ! The Who will be playing for the halftime entertainment which is awesome! I'm excited for the Saints! They deserve it! Go SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!

32. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Feb 7, 2010

NO!! You are not alone!! 1 reason: I hate football unless it is university of Alabama playing! Reason 2: Sundays are the Lords day so I would miss it and have to DVR it for another day anyway due to church!! I could care less about it! Now the IRON Bowl thats another story!

33. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Feb 7, 2010

I will be watching. I am on 4 football pools at work and I was born the year the Saints were franchised they have never been in a SuperBowl in my lifetime so I will be watching my 1st SuperBowl. Who dat think dey gonna beat dem Saints??

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 7, 2010

I won't be watching. I could care less abotu football, baseball, or basketball. I'm into tennis.

35. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

Ditto. We will probably watch the superbowl. He puts on the occasional F1 race and we both like MMA fighting. Very rarely will be watch ice hockey if nothing else is on. But we are by no means sports people. So I can deal with the rare occasions mentioned above.

36. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

Peter likes watching the Islander games, and Brian will sometimes watch along. They go to 2 or 3 games a season.

But it doesn't run our lives; we don't have to be home to catch a game.

Peter is photographing a track meet today. He'll come home, download pictures, and probably put on the Superbowl... I think he's in the pool at work.

I'll probably be here.

37. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

I love almost all sports--but I know that I won't watch near as many when I am married/have kids (not a broad generalization about married people, just knowing I'll want to do other things with my time :)). For me, the Packer games are the only can't miss games; they're a part of my Sunday routine. It was also something we always did as a family, even when we were in high school--come home from church, throw in a frozen pizza, and run into the living room just in time for kickoff. During half-time, we would go out in the yard and play football with my dad.

38. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

Then why wouldn't you continue that tradition when you have kids of your own?? It sounds like a fond childhood memory for you.

39. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

Oh, that will continue, for sure!

I'm talking about all the other random sporting events I watch, just because I'm not doing anything else.

40. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

OH, just wait till you're up at 2 am with a sick baby (or even a well one who just won't sleep.)

"Random" TV takes on a whole new meaning!

41. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Feb 7, 2010

I don't even know what time the game is on! I haven't watched a Super Bowl in I don't know how long. I have a recollection of being a child and watching the 49ers vs the Dolphins because my family decided to watch it. We were still pretty new to the country and it seemed like the American thing to do! I rooted for the Dolphins because I liked their name and they lost. So we're talking circa 1982 is the last Super Bowl I recall watching!

Oh wait, the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl a few years ago so I did go to a neighbor's party for that game so I guess I've seen one more recently than the early 80s!