Am I Really Done?!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by TeachWildThings, May 26, 2005.

1. TeachWildThings

TeachWildThings Comrade

May 26, 2005

Okay, I know we are all life long learners not to mention never really done with education due to "professional development"...BUT, I am finally done with every last hoop to jump for my credential!!! I just sent in my application & it feels soooo good! I think I'm still in kind of a daze about it.......maybe it's the lack of sleep, exercise (did I really say that?), or brain freeze from student teaching....Anyway I just wanted to share that! Now to find a job :rolleyes: Anybody else out there almost/near/done?

3. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

May 26, 2005

It's such a good feeling to be finished with all of the preparation! I just graduated on the 15th. I got hired last week to teach first grade, it is all an exciting experience! Good Luck with the interviews and job search, it's an extremely stressful time, so remember to stay positive.

4. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

May 27, 2005

I've been done for a month and I still can't believe it's finally over (the hoops I mean) - well almost....there will probably be a few hoops to jump through to get a job, lol. My grad's on June 7, but I don't think I'll be going - nothing nice enough to wear, no money to buy something, don't want to refuse work (I've started getting some supply work), husband works nights, only two guests allowed and I need to bring 3 (my kids sacrificed alot for this too and if we can't go as a family, then well...), it's an hour away and that costs in gas and parking - so overall, the conditions just aren't right. I'm okay with that, it just feels great to be done. :)

5. LuvIITeach

LuvIITeach Rookie

May 30, 2005

That's exactly how I feel!!! Student teaching was so much work and now that I'm done...time for job hunting!! Well...congrats on finishing the credential program...both of you! And good luck with finding a job!

6. NewToTeaching

NewToTeaching New Member

May 30, 2005

I actually finished in December with all my stuff. So when I graduated on May 23, it was kind of a shock! I had not been on campus since I student taught. Now it is off to find a job. I had 42 girls graduate with me all looking for Elementary teaching jobs. And we have 2 other colleges in my town! So getting a job here is hard. Good luck!!!