Always stressed..

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Carebear05, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 15, 2007

Ok. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but thanks to my father for always putting ideas into my head I've been thinking about this. I got offered a job this week but as we all know teachers have to be approved by the school board first before being offered a contract. I was wondering if any of you know of anyone whom the school board denied. I have no idea why Im worried about this, but like I said my dad is always bringing up stuff. I highly doubt I have anything to worry about, but this is just my paranoia setting in.

3. colormegreen

colormegreen Rookie

Jun 16, 2007

I think the school board approval part is just procedure - I have never heard of anyone being denied because of the school board. In fact, the school board doesn't even know who you are - they aren't interviewing you or making decisions.

I have a friend who's mother is a principal and the principal makes the decision and say on who they hire.

Don't worry - Celebrate getting your job!

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 16, 2007

Don't worry, it's a formality.

5. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Jun 16, 2007

CareBear...we think alike. I too worried about this and the principal who hired me said never in the districts history has someone been denied.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2007

Unless there's a felony conviction or something similar that a background check is likely to bring up, I would say you're in good shape!

7. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 16, 2007

Well that's what I thought too. I definitely don't have any felonies or anything. I think my concern is the fact that I am getting my Masters, and as we have talked about on here how some districts dont want to pay you more. I didnt know if School Boards denied people jobs because of that, which even if they did I feel that it would be a violation.