alternative jobs for teachers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherguy111, Feb 27, 2015.

1. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Feb 27, 2015

What are some alternative jobs for teachers that have similar (or more!) pay etc.

3. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Feb 27, 2015

I work in a museum, and the pay is comparable to subbing (and subbing pays really well in my area compared to some of the posts I've seen here about sub pay). I love it -- I get to use some of my teaching knowledge without dealing with the other junk of teaching.

4. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Feb 28, 2015

I'd like to know as well

Commenting because I'd like to see responses as well!

5. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Mar 11, 2015

No other ideas?
    I think I will keep being a teacher but probably like anyone else I think about other jobs also. I would like some type of Christian ministry job or social justice job, or counseling. Basically a serving position of some kind.

6. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Mar 11, 2015

I made decent money as a Director of Christian education and youth ministry. I ran the Sunday children's programs and youth events. There are youth ministry grads but many churches are looking for someone with an education background. It's harder to get a full time job, but part time paid ok while I was a SAHM.

7. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Mar 13, 2015

I have thought about getting a christian ministry job (possibly youth ministry) instead of coaching basketball. Coaching basketball was pretty stressful but like how I formed connections with students. I currently help run (my wife does all the hard work) an FCA, fellowship of christian athletes, group for a local high school.