Almost

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by FarFromHome, Feb 21, 2012.

1. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 21, 2012

Almost home

So, after a long six months, my husband will be home from his deployment on Thursday night. This was our first deployment, and I feel like it went better than I thought it would. My husband has actually grown up quite a bit while gone, and I feel like we are closer than we've been in a while. I think it was good for me because it forced me to get out there and meet new people. I also made a goal of running 500 miles (I'm at 506 as of today) and lost 33 pounds. However, I'm having a lot of problems lately...

My husband's truck hasn't started in a few months, so I had a friend of his come look at it last night. He was able to jump start it, but then we had to take it off base to check out what was wrong with it (and ended up buying a new battery). When we tried to come back, we found out his car tags had expired and they wouldn't let us on base. We tried to get a visitors pass, but the copy of his safety check wasn't in the truck, so we had to leave the truck at my friend's house and they had to drop me off at home.

Then this morning, MY car wouldn't start!! Luckily the same friend answered her phone, and her husband came over to jump start my car. (I ended up walking up to my classroom right when the bell rang-but at least I made it!) After getting home today, I was happy when I found the copy of the safety inspection. However, I went on a run and came home to a flooded laundry room!! Now I'm just waiting to see what could possibly happen next...

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 21, 2012

Wow! That's a lot going on. But at least you have his homecoming to enjoy! :)

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 21, 2012

Yes-the positive is letting me not get too frustrated right now! I'm also doing my last National Board videotaping on Thursday. I'm hoping nothing goes wrong with that....hopefully all of the problems stay at home!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 22, 2012

I think you've had enough bad luck and everything will go fine with your videotaping!

Happy homecoming!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 22, 2012

So glad that he's coming home! And I'm glad that y'all are closer. It's funny how deployments will do that! Hopefully the cars will get fixed soon.

7. a2z

a2z Maven

Feb 22, 2012

Nothing bad will happen next. Things come in threes! You are done with it for now.

That was sure a string of unfortunate events.

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2012

Thanks everyone!

The videotaping went well, but we did have another problem today: his flight got delayed. So I had to find a sub and write up lesson plans. After spending at least 2 hours on them, they disappeared after I had to restart my computer (and I definitely saved them). So I had to start over and it took another 2 hours. But I got the sub I wanted-I was lucky she was available last minute. I'm happy to be home now! He should be home in 12 hours if nothing else goes wrong!

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2012

Hope you are enjoying your reunion!

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2012

I know you're excited to see him again!! Crossing my fingers that he arrives on time! Enjoy your time!

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2012

As annoying as the car issues are, try not to sweat them. It's just the cosmos alligning to tell your husband that you still need him.

Hugs to you and your family, and many thanks for all your sacrifices on our behalf.

Enjoy your reunion!