Almost back to teaching kindergarten....

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by LuvKinder, Aug 16, 2011.

1. LuvKinder

LuvKinder Rookie

Aug 16, 2011

I need the help of any kindergarten teachers that have interviewed a possible candidate to join their teaching team. I have taught kindergarten for the past 3 years, and recently got married and moved an hour away from my old job, so I had to resign. I am now a candidate for my DREAM job: Kindergarten in an awesome supportive school district who only hire teachers with experience. This past Monday I went on an interview and I felt it went great! I got a call that night to come in for a second interview this time with two members of the kindergarten team at the school. I wanted to know what questions to expect from them. The first interview was with the principal and assistant principal and they asked the basic questions regarding curriculum, parent involvement, and student behavior. So I need the expert advice from current kindergarten teachers that may have sat in an interview and interviewed the candidate. My second interview is tomorrow morning!

:) Thank you so much! (Oh and they called all my references today! I'm hoping that means I just need the teams approval and I'm in!)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2011

They'll be wanting to see how you 'fit'. Expect questions on team planning, collaboration...
    Good luck!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2011

I agree with cza. Good luck! Keep us updated!

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 16, 2011

I usually ask how they'll contribute to the team, how they would handle it if they disagreed with a proposal from another teammate, how you deal with the stress. Some teachers have strengths or things they advocate for-I remember being asked specifics about how I taught writing and I usually ask how the teachers challenge the advanced kids.

Best of luck!

6. MrsM7

MrsM7 Rookie

Aug 16, 2011

I would be prepared to be very specific with examples when answering their questions, which will probably be more curriculum and instruction based. Any samples of student work to support your answers can also be good. Good luck :)

7. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Aug 17, 2011

Good luck (I hope I am not too late)

When you meet with the team and they ask what you will bring to the team answer CHOCOLATE!

8. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 21, 2011

Thinking about how my grade level team works. They would like someone who is ready to step up and take over responsibilities, collaboration, organization. What can you bring to the table? Do you have a particular strength in an academic areas.

Would you be able to remain professional even if you do not get along with a person on your grade level? How would you do this?

I'm sure it will go well. If you are yourself genuine and sincere and most importantly are there for the kids and seeing them grow and learn thats what will come out on top.

Keep us posted on how the interview went!!! I'm sure you will shine!