All I want for Christmas is...?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by LilyGirl01, Dec 23, 2011.

1. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

What do you all want for Christmas?

I didn't ask for anything in particular... However, I did see my hubby bought me some Jimmy Choo's:love: I am more excited for the kids tomorrow!

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 23, 2011

I want my kids to have a great day...and I want my brother-in-law to have a stress free day. His mother has alzheimers and is difficult to deal with at holidays.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2011

Beautiful, mrachelle. I know you will surround your family with peace and love this season. I wish the same for you.

5. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

I am so sorry about your brother in law... I know how that is, and I will be thinking of him during this time.

We bought G (DS 3) a drum set...pray for me :)

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 23, 2011

Thanks, guys. We are lucky she is still with us (she is 92) but she is getting worse. She was so out of it at Thanksgiving, they had to leave two days early. We are hoping that she stays calm tomorrow.

7. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Dec 23, 2011

We are having everyone at our place tomorrow so hoping everyone laughs and relaxes...those are the best days!!!

8. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

^ Me too! I am having 36 people! :O

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2011

It is time with family and friends that are the holiday memories we cherish, long after the gifts are forgotten.:love:

10. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

Well said!

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 23, 2011

I am most excited to see my kids open gifts this year, though I know what they will love best is to have all the attention from everyone.

I was super excited to get a nice camera this year, DH gave it to me early so I could use it to take pictures of our family Christmas get togethers.

12. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

Tasha, I got an HD camera last year, and I love it! Especially since your kids are so young, it's good to document!

I am excited to see my 1 yr old DS open his gifts... we even got him a little train to ride around the tree! :)

13. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Dec 23, 2011

I'm so excited for the kids to get their stuff. I also know what I'm getting a Canon camera. My only gift, but oh so nice. If I could just find some photo taking classes to go with it :)

14. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2011

I got my hoosband a fishing pole and, judging by the thing under the tree with the...interesting...wrap job, he got me one too. I'm excited to learn to fish and to spend some fun and relaxing days with him out on the river/lake.

15. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011

That is so sweet of your husband, Caesar! I love fishing!

Right now, I KNOW I have Jimmy Choo's, and there is a little box from Tiffany's under the tree... Who knows? ;)

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2011

Lily, it sounds as if you and your family will enjoy lovely gifts this holiday. You've shared quite a bit about your new house, gift lists, name brands. It's nice to have those things and I hope you enjoy them. You will find as you get to know the forums better that 'name dropping' and labels aren't that important to most of us. There are members here who have very nice lifestyles and some who live paycheck to paycheck. My hope for all here is to find peace, love and joy this holiday season...for THAT is what matters. Enjoy your holiday.

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 24, 2011

Honestly, I'm more excited about seeing them open their presents.
    I'm particulary excited about the gifts I got for Peter, Brian,and the moms. (Oh, and an update: I just tracked Brian's missing gift with the USPS. As of 3:34 this morning, it was at a post office 10 minutes from here. So, all other things being equal, it may very well be delivered today sometime, in time to be under the tree. A little Christmas magic!!! :party::party:)

I have everything I want; I don't really care what's under the tree for me.

But I know Peter and the kids have put lots of time and care into their gifts-- Julia in particular can't wait for me to open my gift. So, regardless of what it is, I KNOW I'll love it.

18. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 24, 2011

yeah, for Brian's gift being in the neighborhood!

19. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Dec 24, 2011

Lily, I enjoyed that you shared your hopes and I didn't think you were name dropping at all. I hope you enjoy all the holiday offers. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

20. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 24, 2011

I know I'm getting the only thing I asked for, which is a Keurig machine. Other than that, I'll be surprised. I think I got the best gift yesterday, though, when I got to go help my sister with my littlest nephew in Wal-Mart while she bought stocking stuffers. I rarely get to see just her without our other sister and rest of the family, and she only had one child with her. It was a really special time for me. My other gift comes in a few days when my mom gets here from Florida! I only get to see her a few times a year.

Oh, and I think my dad bought me a new garbage disposal.

21. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Dec 24, 2011

I've been joking that the only thing I wanted for Christmas was cortisone injections in both knees...I called yesterday morning and, miracle of miracles, the person who had called right before me had cancelled their appointment and I got in. Such sweet relief!

What is under the tree for me is a mystery. DH does interesting presents. I got him everything he had on his list, the best thing being a radio-controlled helicopter. I'm more excited for him to open that than what there is for me.

MissCeliaB...I got a new garbage disposal earlier in the week.

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 24, 2011

I have both my kids here...don't need anything else.

23. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 24, 2011

I think everyone knows the holiday is about family and peace. That being said, there is nothing wrong with sharing what material possessions we want. I, for one, like to see what others got no matter how pricey or not.

I don't know what I got from my husband. He is very proud of it though. We have a new bedroom set on the way, and two expensive trips coming up so we didn't spend a lot on each other. I am most excited for my nephew. I cross stitched something for his room (he is 9 months) so I hope they like it!

24. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

Well said Sue! I am most excited to see my daughter as Mary for the Christmas Eve Service!

Next time, I will keep my gifts to myself.

25. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 24, 2011

I meant no disrespect. I was answering the question: there's nothing tangible on my Christmas list this year. There's nothing I'm secretly hoping to see.

I apologize if that's the wrong answer.

Merry Christmas.

26. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Dec 24, 2011

My son

made me go with him to get my presents...so I know what I'm getting :) However, the best he will be giving me is a coupon book of chores that he will do without being paid for :) We live very much paycheck to paycheck but I managed to get him most of what he wants-he'll get the Rack (Workout system), a GPS (new driver who gets lost ALOT), blackberry phone, and some little things. I never pay full price for anything-the phone was free with a new 2 year contract and the Rack was $70 ($20 less than anywhere else :lol:)

I hope that everyone has the best Christmas ever and remember...it's being with friends and family that matters the most!

27. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

A GPS is an awesome gift! I want one!

My 15, almost 16, yr old has no interest in driving :( But when she does, I know I will be a nervous wreck!

28. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Dec 24, 2011

I'm only a nervouse wreck when I have to drive with him...that hardly happens any more tho....he does just fine by himself but the GPS will give both of us a piece of mind.

29. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2011

I just want someone go enjoy a snowball fight for me. It's stinking HOT and STEAMY outside.

30. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Dec 24, 2011

Please don't feel you have to do that. I enjoyed reading about your fun gifts! My favorite gift last year was a Gucci throw blanket for my couch. So, I guess I'm a name dropper, too.:rolleyes:

31. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

A Gucci throw blanket? Girl, I want some!

And I do not consider myself a name dropper... In fact, I hate lavish gifts for myself... but I gotta admit, a diamond bracelet and some nice new work shoes sound really good ;) What's a girl to do?

32. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

And it is hot here too, chebrutta!

33. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 24, 2011

It is a beautiful day here in NY. Not a white Christmas thank goodness!!!
    I told my husband not to get me anything for under the tree because he already bought me new clothes for my new job last month. I got him a few things though and we are buying a flat screen tv.

34. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

I would LOVE a white Christmas!

And kudos for the new tv.. we bought my daughter one, and I am so excited to see her reaction!

35. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Dec 24, 2011

Lily, I sent you a PM. :)

For Christmas, I'm visiting my parents in the mountains. It has snowed the past week so we are hoping for a white Christmas, but it probably won't happen.

36. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

Didn't get the PM :/

In the south, it barely snows. I miss the north!

37. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Dec 24, 2011

Manufacturing jobs coming back to America and for some collaboration by our leaders. J O B S for the unemployed.

38. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

Amen, stephen!

39. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2011

I think the GPS my husband bought me was the best present he got me in o er 30 years - seriously. It gives me peace of mind. I wasn't bad getting to places but following the directions backwards to get home, at night, after long tournaments when I was tired often caused me stress (and wrong turns). Just being able to press "go home" and relax is a blessing. Also, since I am not good at keeping my phone fully charged (and don't have a smart phone yet).

40. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 24, 2011

I asked for a two day glass blowing workshop. I have taken their one day workshop and "learned" how to make a float, but it was mainly the glass artist saying, "here, hold and twist this".
    For the 2 day workshop, I will be able to work a LITTLE more independently at making a paper weight, vase and bowl.
    I'm so excited!!!

41. LilyGirl01

LilyGirl01 Rookie

Dec 24, 2011

Awesome, terptoteacher!

I wish I were artistic!