All cried out!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by VANewbie, Sep 19, 2011.

1. thesub

thesub Comrade

Sep 20, 2011

Sending you feel-better vibes. I try to think of Helen Keller and her courage and other brave ladies when things get too depressing.

2. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 20, 2011

This may be superficial, but how about taking some time to pamper yourself: Get your hair done, manicure, pedicure, go shopping & buy an outfit & shoes, maybe go to lunch at a new restaurant you've been wanting to try. Believe it or not, it may hopefully help you feel better & lift your spirits. If you don't have money to do all that, maybe do one of those things!

Are you religious? Do you believe in God? At times, He has us go through trials & tribulations to remind us that we should rethink our priorities or view things in a different perspective & honor Him because He can make a way where there is no way. Not trying to preach here, just some helpful words. Maybe going through all these things will inspire you to start attending church if you don't already do so. :)

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 20, 2011

Can I suggest that you get a physical? It's entirely possible that there's a physical component to your issues, and that a doctor can help you get to the source of the problem.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2011

I want to add to this that you may be very low in essential vitamins and minerals. Deficiency in vitamin B and C or in minerals such as magnesium, calcium and zinc, for example all can lead to depression. Even if your life is a crazy mess, lacking these essential vitamins and minerals will not help!!

I hope things slowly become better for you.

Remember, MANY people have been where you are now. There was a time in life where I had NO friends, no one to go to. I was in homeschool and constantly moving around. Eventually, I lost contact with my friends and it got to the point where when I started college, I knew no one (except for my hubby, then BF, I was basically alone). Add to the fact that I am really shy and quiet and have low self esteem, well, I was just a mess.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 20, 2011

Right Peachy.

I don't want you to think that anyone is suggesting an easy solution-- there's no magic pill that will improve things overnight.

And without really knowing the nature of your issues, it's hard for us to offer anything reallly concrete.

But do get a physical. If you get a clean bill of health, ask for a referral for someone to talk to. Once you can stop crying, we can offer suggestions of ways to meet people and build a support network. But you've got to get to a place where you're ready for all that.

Do you have any family? Siblings, parents, cousins, even long lost cousins-- anyone who shares your blood and your history?

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 20, 2011

VANewbie, I pm'ed you!

7. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Sep 21, 2011

Sending prayers your way!! I am not sure what you are going through, but my life has seemed to deteriorate one day at a time, so I can relate. There has been many days where I am crying my eyes out, just hoping things will get better.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 21, 2011

:hugs::hugs:

9. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Sep 21, 2011

Praying for you! :hugs:

10. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Sep 21, 2011

Hope things are looking brighter today.

11. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 21, 2011

Things are not better. I just try not to think about my life too much. I literally spend 24 hours crying. No food or anything. I didn't open the blinds or move from my bed.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2011

OK. Way beyond typical "having a hard time" blues. You need help, and you need it now.

Hit google, and find a depression hotline. Tell them all the things you don't want to post online.

Do it right now. Nothing else in your life is as important at this moment as that phone call. Please make it.

13. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 21, 2011

Your right Alice. It will take some time but I will get better. I have a therapist that I will see this weekend. She knows everything I am going through right now.

14. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 21, 2011

I do not want anyone to worry about me. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words in my pm box.
    I promise I will update you guys. I am just going through a rough patch. I needed to cry. Just to get it out. I needed to vent. I gave myself that time. Now its time to pick myself up and move on. I will be working with my therapist.
    I will be fine. Just need to think positive.

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2011

VAN... we will all be here to support you!!!

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2011

Can you get in to see her tomorrow?? Call her and read what you've posted here, or email it to her.

17. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 21, 2011

She knows EVERYTHING. I've been e-mailing her. We plan to meet as soon as we can. She has given me a few exercises to do. We will see if it helps until I can talk to her in person.

18. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 21, 2011

Call her office

Tell her it is an emergency

19. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 21, 2011

I'm glad you are getting help. Please stay on top of it. That is definitely not your 'having a hard time' blues. Many of us have been there so you are not alone in that respect, but definitely you need support and you need professional assistance. It may take awhile but with the right treatment, it does get better. Hang in there.

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 22, 2011

I'm glad that you're thinking optimistically when you stated that things will get better! :)
    I hope your therapist can really help you.

21. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 22, 2011

There is always someone who would trade places with your life no matter how bad things seem, you're alive and you can change how you look at things with therapy sessions. I'm glad you're going to therapy too. Don't be afraid of all medicines.. If one isn't working that just means it wasn't the right neurotransmitters for your brain chemsitry so they try another. When you find the right one, you'll feel like yourself.

I compare things to being like the blurry settings on the machine at the eye dr's you know for the vision tests to perfectly clear when your brain chemistry is correct + new thoughts. That's the secret.
    :hugs:

22. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 22, 2011

Thanks everyone. I was able to get through another day. I am feeling much better. Just got to keep focused and positive.

23. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

Sep 22, 2011

I am so glad things are better! You have been on my mind, and I've been praying for you.

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2011

Glad to hear you are doing better... keep staying focused on the positive!!!

25. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Sep 22, 2011

Glad you had a good day. Keep pursuing the help from the therapist, please!:) I look forward to hearing more good news.

26. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Sep 22, 2011

I'm glad you're getting help. Good for you.

Sending well wishes your way.

27. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 24, 2011

:hugs: for you!!! You have lots of people who care about you!!

:)

28. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 24, 2011

Great VANewbie!

29. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 24, 2011

I hope you continue to feel better. I have a hard time getting out and meeting people also. I'm available to talk if you want to pm me.