All About Me theme ideas

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by preschoolgal, Aug 21, 2008.

1. preschoolgal

preschoolgal Rookie

Aug 21, 2008

We will begin working on our All About Me theme next week and I was looking for some new ideas. Would anyone like to share some of theirs if they do this theme as well? Thanks so much!!

3. inhisgrip20

inhisgrip20 Comrade

Aug 21, 2008

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 21, 2008

5. imat

imat Rookie

Aug 21, 2008

6. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 24, 2008

On this same note, I'm making a "star of the week" bulletin board. This is my first year doing it. Right now I have myself up there so parents and kids can get to know me better. I have the headlines of: family picture, favorite food, favorite color, hobbies, pets, and favorite book. I want to send home an activity each day of the week for parents to do with their children. I'm stuck with what to do though. Anyone have any thoughts? I've thought of this so far: art project together, reading together.

7. jenmcc

jenmcc Rookie

Aug 26, 2008

You could have the kids do a family tree project at home. Cut out a tree form and send it home to have the families decorate together. My Kindergarteners did this last year and they turned out WONDERFUL. Or you could have them make a family book (favorite color, book, etc). Send home a class mascot (stuffed animal) and have the families journal what the mascot does with them over night or for the week.