All about me BB?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by loves2teach, Jul 12, 2007.

1. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007

Hi,

I am thinking about making an all about me bulletin board so the kids can learn a little bit about me in pictures. I am thinking about putting pics of my husband, niece & nephew, and putting up a piece of poster board w/ some facts about me. Hoping to put about 10 things. So far I have thought of

Favorite subject
    Favorite color
    Favorite book
    Favorite food

Anyone have any other suggestions? Does this sound like a good idea? I thought it would be something the kids would enjoy.

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2007

My seventh graders like to see pics of me when I was in seventh grade (think 1982!). They also like to know what my favorite songs/bands are, my favorite movie, what I like to do when I'm not in school.
    They are very polite, not pushy, when they ask about this stuff, and it's usually in the context of a discussion we're having in class.

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007

I put up my All About Me BB the first week of school. It has my Star Student poster I filled out and anything I would do for Star Student. It serves many purposes such as introducing me to students and parents and teaching my kiddos how to do the Star Student activities.

5. devama

devama Companion

Jul 12, 2007

i am going to be making a "meet the teacher" book for my kindergarten classes. they will each get to take it home one night and share it with their families. it will be the first book that is home made that we rotate but later in the year i will send more books home that the kids help write in the same way.

i love the idea of a picture of me from kindergarten, mrs. r! haha! i have the perfect one!

i think it is soooooooo important to connect with students on a more personal level (yes, i DO go grocery shopping) so they see you as more than this huge authority figure that is hard to relate to!

6. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

oh my, a pic of me...when i was in 5th grade...posted on my bulletin board...for all to see? hmm...we'll have to see about that one! hehe

I'm also going to put up information about where I went to college. My college was named after a former governor and he happens to be one of the "key Tennesseans" we discuss during the year. :)

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 12, 2007

The littler kids always want to know about your parents, they seem to be confused as to why you don't live with your mom & dad :) You have to put up pictures and names of your pets too, they will love to see them.

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 12, 2007

I do a "Meet Miss F" bulletin board every year. It has pictures of friends, family, and pets as well as from thing I have done (whitewater rafting, etc). I put up a "What I did this summer" section with pictures from trips, workshops, etc. I also hang 45s that I listened to in 4th and 5th grade. I hang things like cd covers from favorite artists and other things like that to let them get to know me better.

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007

Did you go to apsu?

10. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

yep, sure did! :D

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

In 1982, I was born. :sorry: Yet I can think of what was popular in 1982!

In my classroom, I am the very first student of the week and the students can see how I set up my board before they put together their boards every week.

(Edit- I'm so sorry for the beginning of my post..... I just wanted to apologize.)

12. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 13, 2007

I began the year last year with photos of me at their age. I had pictures of me with my family, my class pictures, etc. I also had made color photocopies of drawing I had done, and a report I did on Chimpanzee's at that age, as well as some stories I wrote (1 page each) I color photocopied them and put them on a display. It was good to see, because the kids saw that I had terrible spelling when I was eight... it's nice to see a teachers faults now and then!

I wrote a little description under each picture. I have never done an "all about me" concerning my life now. That comes out in conversations enough, in my opinion. They do like to see class pictures from when I taught at another school, or my old class photos. I keep them inside my cupboard door, and they look at them sometimes. I also have drawings done by kids from years past which they like to see as well.

13. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

So did I :) My dh is going right now. Small world huh!

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 13, 2007

I put my favorite sport last year.

15. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2007

I'm not offended. I do that to my co-workers all of the time. I'm forever reminding some of them that they are the same age as my mother.

As for my photo, I had GIANT glasses, hair nicely feathered with my curling iron, shiny Clinique Black Honey lip gloss, and a monogrammed wool sweater. I was a bit of a prep. I looked WAY older than seventh grade!