Alaska, Hawaii, and outside the US--HELP

Discussion in 'General Education' started by scholarteacher, Nov 27, 2012.

1. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Nov 27, 2012

My apologies if you have seen or even responded to my other thread. As is our annual tradition, my kindergarteners made gingerbread boys and girls (they are not edible--we make refrigerator magnets), and just like in the story, they ran away! If you would take a moment to help us, please reply with a few sentences about your locale, and what you "saw" our little people doing there. We need replies from anywhere, but especially from outside the continental 48 states. Example: "I saw a little gingerbread boy running up the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France." and so on. This is a very educational, cross-curricular unit for my little ones. Thanks so much for your help! :)

3. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Nov 27, 2012

I saw one little Gingerbread man swinging in the trees with the white-faced monkeys in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!

[​IMG]

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 27, 2012

I saw a little Gingerbread boy huffing and puffing as he hiked up Diamond Head near Waikiki, Hawaii. After that he went swimming and snorkeling at Hanauma Bay to cool down.

5. hbcaligirl1985

hbcaligirl1985 Cohort

Nov 28, 2012

I saw a little Gingerbread girl building a snowman in Denali, Alaska next to a polar bear and her cubs.

6. ally06

ally06 Companion

Nov 28, 2012

I saw a group of little gingerbread girls and boys on the Sunshine Coast (in Queensland, Australia). They got themselves lost in the Bellingham Maze, then went to Australia Zoo where they saw a crocodile show, kangaroos, koalas, wombats, lizards and many other animals. After a very busy day I last saw them relaxing on the beach.

7. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Nov 28, 2012

These are great! Pictures, links, and all! Thank you so much! My students wil love it! Would love to hear from more friends!

8. bondo

bondo Cohort

Nov 28, 2012

9. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Nov 28, 2012

I saw one gingerbread girl swimming with some of the only freshwater sharks in the world in Lake Nicaragua!