AHHH!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HufflePuff, Aug 20, 2007.

1. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Aug 20, 2007

AHHH!!! EDIT: MAJOR UPDATE!

oooooooooooook.

so...for those of you who have read my posts, i've been having a very interesting summer of job hunting.

i accepted an aide position about a month ago. the principal was very nice and said she understands that many aides are really seeking a teaching job.

so....i have been continuing to look. i sent an email out today to a random school and got a call for an interview about 20 minutes later!

i am freaking out (in a good and bad way)! i am SO happy to have the interview and it's for 4th grade...my fave grade. now...my worries are these:

my interview is wed. school starts around sept. 5 for most districts. should i say anything in the interview about my accepting of an aide job? i feel like this may make them speed up the process of making a decision. i don't want to find out i got the job next wk. and then have to tell the district i am supposed to be an aide in that i can't work!

needless to say, i just need advice, encouragement and everything else. this could be a dream job but i am stressing since it is so last minute. AHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: what are some questions i should ask them, since this is so last minute????

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  3. teach57

teach57 Comrade

Aug 20, 2007

Wow! What an exciting time for you. Good luck in your interview. You'll do great!

4. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 20, 2007

I would call the district you have accepted the aid position with and tell them you have an interview scheduled. That way it won't be a huge surprise if you get the job. Unless directly asked, I wouldn't tell the interview panel about the aid job. You can say sometihng like "what is your timeline for hiring for this position?" and if they say it's really fast, I wouldn't worry. If they say it's a couple weeks, then say "I've had another offer, but if I'm extended an offer for this position it would be my preference."

5. mitten

mitten Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

I would think that the school that has hired you as an aide would be very understanding if you were offered a full-time teaching position in another district. -Even if it is right before schools starts. I wouldn't mention the aide position in the interview and if they did ask I would tell the interviewers that your current school knows you are still seeking a teaching job. You wouldn't want to be not considered because you already have something to do in the fall.
    Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

6. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Aug 22, 2007

oh.....em.....gee....

i just had the interview and the principal called me the second i walked in the door at home saying he wants me to interview with the superintendent! so i now have my second interview on friday and am PRAYING TO ANYTHING THAT IS LISTENING that i get this job!! it sounds perfect for me and it seems like there is a lot of support for first year teachers. i am feeling really good about this! and now....of course i am a nervous wreck b/c if i am offered the job, i will have to tell the district i agreed to be an aide in that i can't work there! i hope i get it and i hope i know very soon so i don't step on any toes.

any advice? thoughts?

7. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Aug 22, 2007

again, try and find out from the superintendent how soon they will be making a decision. i know it's friday which may mean waiting until who knows when next week for an answer. but AT THE VERY END of the interview, i would maybe mention you need to know as soon as possible, or tell him you're interviewing other places so they know you're wanted other places (funny how that's usually when other people want you) and you'd need to know what you should do. but an interview w/ the superin. sounds REALLY promising. most people don't get second interviews and NOT offered the job... so congrats! and well wishes. and i'll send up a prayer to the lord tonight for you. he'll help you out.

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2007

Good luck! Just be yourself and be prepared. In some districts the final interview is just a formality...but either way, good luck!!! My fingers are crossed for you!

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 23, 2007

Good luck! Fourth grade is awesome.

School must start soon there, so they are as anxious as you to fill this position.

You impressed the principal, so go do the same witht the superintendent!