Ah Target, Target, Target!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 6, 2012

(I searched this board becasue I thought there was a Target thread, but oh well.)

So I got off to an early start this morning. Drove to & walked my dog at the park & not just the usual quick walk around my apt complex. Then, I didn't feel like staying home just yet, so I browsed Target & it was about 8:40a by then, so it's nice & leisurely! Now normally, I unintentionally spend around $30-45 when I'm "just browsing", but this time was the motherload...$110. What did it was the printer ink I got that was $60 alone. I LOVE Target, but they're dangerous!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 6, 2012

So what did you get besides ink?

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 6, 2012

Groceries, toiletries, batteries, Halloween treats for my students, & Brach's candy corn for me...my must-have Halloween candy.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 6, 2012

I only go to Target if I have to buy something specific or I will spend a fortune. There is something my hubby likes that they have really cheap so I go there to stock up but I make sure I only bring enough cash for those items!

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Oct 6, 2012

I love Target because they always have something different, not just the same old stuff.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Oct 6, 2012

So glad you started this thread because I have a love affair with Target, a dangerous love affair! I also like to go there to browse, but unlike a museum stroll, this costs me! Always! Today's damage was $129! I bought two kinds of hair conditioner, detangler, curling mousse, the new Beyonce perfume, face soap, and products for my daughter. I really feel happy when I'm buying things for myself. I enjoy having all my beauty products on hand when I need them.

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 6, 2012

I tend to get to the $100 mark every time I go. I buy an outfit for each baby, sometimes a shirt for me, a few random food items only at target, dollar spot stuff and usually some miscellaneous item like a picture frame or makeup or seasonal decoration.

9. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Oct 6, 2012

Target is dangerous ground for me, too. And I  Candy Corn!!

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 6, 2012

Socks. Those are my weaknesses. I have to get a pair, or two, or six!

And workout clothes...

I love Target!

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 6, 2012

Back in our baby formula and diaper days, we couldn't get out of Target for less than $200, no matter how hard we tried. And we were there constantly!!!

12. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Oct 6, 2012

I stopped going there for a year or two and I really did save money even if I ended up paying a bit more for toiletry type items in Rite Aid or Walgreens. Then I got some Target gift cards which sucked me back into shopping there this past year, though I haven't been back since August back-to-school sales.

13. Jayneorama

Jayneorama Rookie

Oct 6, 2012

So glad that other people, besides me, figured out that Target has a cover charge! My cover is $50, and it's only two short blocks away from work. Very dangerous.

14. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Oct 6, 2012

I used to get in trouble with Target, especially in the little book section. But, since I've moved, the Target here is hostile to people with disabilities, so I couldn't go in to shop even if I wanted to.

They don't plug in the mobile carts and informed me that that is because "the handicapped people don't do it" (because people who need the mobility carts are totally capable of crawling around on the floor to plug things into floor outlets) and they don't have employees to remember to do it. They also don't have wheelchairs. I've complained to the manager and written a letter. Corporate sent me a $10 gift card. Nothing changed.

Gah! I'm still angry. I used to like Target though.

15. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Oct 6, 2012

I love Target's clothes for DS! They're reasonably priced and the quality is good enough they don't completely wear out before he outgrows them!

Beth

16. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Oct 7, 2012

And the $1 bins! I love seeing what's in those. I picked up 2 packages of the foam turkeys. I'm now on the hunt for 1 more package so I'll have enough for my locker tags!

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 7, 2012

I love the $1 bins! I am going there today to pick up something for my hubby but I'm only bringing $10 with me so I won't go nuts with the $1 stuff! Those things really add up.

18. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 7, 2012

We don't have Target here (yet), but I love to go when I'm in the U.S. Within the next few months, however, I'll be driving past one of the first Canadian Target stores every day on my way home from work.

19. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Oct 7, 2012

I also call Target my $100 store. :lol: I love their stuff, but I don't go there much anymore. I too, have found that buying shampoo and other stuff at the grocery store is easier because I don't end up with all of the extra stuff that I don't need.

I do love Target, though!

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 7, 2012

There's 2 locations in my area. The newer one is nicer, yet always less crowded than the other. Who would have thought that years later, I would end up moving into the nice apt complex right across the street from the newer one! (I live in one of the main heaerts of the city.) :D

21. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Oct 8, 2012

I love target! I always end up spending way too much there! Sometimes I will go there just to relax and browse through things! Of course I always find something!