After test celebration

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Maryhf, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 22, 2015

I'm wondering if any schools have a celebration after state testing has concluded. We are permitted to do something with the team, but we are all really brain-tired right now. I'm looking for some good ideas. Anyone?

3. adeeb

adeeb Rookie

Apr 23, 2015

Some pretty standard options are dinner at a restaurant (+drinks), bowling, and other social activities of that nature.

4. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 23, 2015

I guess I should have clarified: looking for ideas to do with our team of students. We already have plans for teachers to meet at an establishment out of district.

5. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Apr 23, 2015

I would celebrate state testing the same way you celebrated any given test in say November or January or February or September.

6. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Apr 23, 2015

Doing something out of the ordinary is enough to make most kids happy. Set aside time for a fun game or go outside and have an extra recess.

7. lcr

lcr Companion

Apr 24, 2015

A parent brought in pizzas and we had a potluck celebration :)

8. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2015

We don't have a celebration, but I definitely spend some quality moments discussing their perseverance and effort that they put out, and we do something much lower-key. Today, we ended the day with our read aloud (which was right at the resolution :)), and had we had more time, we would've played our class game that they have been working to improve their time on throughout the year. I think they definitely deserve some congrats and words of praise for the hard work they put in (as well as the reinforcement towards that effort), as many of them spent 10-15 hours this week on testing, and some of them spent the entirety of the day today working on a writing piece, and will be finishing up on Monday.

9. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Apr 30, 2015

Our school had a celebration for the first time this year for our 8th graders. They went to the cafeteria for the last hour of the day. THe principal ordered pizza (one slice per student) and soda/water. The kids could chat, dance, whatever during that hour. We had Pandora streaming in for music. Kids were fine w it. Some took their smart phones out and played games - big treat!