After school club name?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kcjo13, May 1, 2012.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 1, 2012

Our school is starting a new after school club next year, and we're trying to decide on a name. Any ideas? So far, my 6th graders have come up with:

KFC - either Kentucky Fried Children :)lol:) or Kids Fun Club

CIA - Children Interacting

FAST - Fun, Activities, Snacks, Time to do homework

Our mascot starts with an 'S', and our school name with an 'A', if that helps! Thanks for your ideas!

3. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

May 1, 2012

Not sure if it's relevant, but for about ten years, ending a couple of years ago, I advised the Pretentious Club. They met once a week, played Hearts, said pretentious things, posted pretentious minutes typed on a typewriter in the Atrium, used as many French words as possible (mispronouncing them in the British manner), held teas with the Debate Club (mostly girls; the Pretentious Club was mostly boys)(The "Tea," aka "Mixer," was not a great success, leading the P.C. to deliver a written Declaration of War to the Debate Club. Fortunately no hostilities ensued.), and held each year a croquet tournament at which Lapsang Souchong tea and cucumber sandwiches were served. The club was devoted to the acceptance worldwide of the ideas of Marcel Duchamp.

The Pretentious Club has risen again this year in the form of the Furniture Design Club, devoted not to the design of furniture, but to ironic and insincere speech, so far as I can tell. They showed me what they called a "promotional video." I couldn't make any sense of it at all. They held a "matriculation" at which anyone who wanted to typed words on their typewriter. They had hats made as well, which say "Furniture Design Club" on them with a picture of a generic folding chair: no help there, I'm afraid. It's a little tricky advising them, though they are "self-starters"...in a way.

I am not, by the way, making this up. So it goes. High school: you have to love it.

4. queenie

queenie Groupie

May 1, 2012

How about the STAR Club?

Students Taking an Active Role :D

5. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

May 1, 2012

You can always let the kids vote on their favorite.

6. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 1, 2012

Power Rangers

(I'm apparently out of ideas and longing for summer. :))

7. Maria121

Maria121 New Member

May 10, 2012

Yup he is right. Kids should be asked what they prefer as a fun activity after school’s tiredness that can make them cheerful .