After I send in the application....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TxMaThTeAcHeR, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TxMaThTeAcHeR

TxMaThTeAcHeR Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

Hi Guys!
    So I am applying for Jobs in the twin cities area and last week I found the perfect job... 5 minutes from my house, hs math... everything I want. I want to call and get my name out because I am sure there were tons of applicants, but how do I go about calling? Who should I call? Any ideas for the next steps of this process? Everything with these schools is done online, so there is no personal interaction, which sucks, cause I am a very personable person :) Thanks in advance!

3. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

If it were me, I would find out when summer school is held, and head over to the school and drop off my resume and cover letter and hope I get to speak with a Principal or AP. And if I can't I'd find out who to send my email with a resume to..

Good Luck!

4. TxMaThTeAcHeR

TxMaThTeAcHeR Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

That sounds like an awesome idea. I am going to start with emailing the prinicpals... what should I say in the email? I want it to sound catchy and appealing, so they want to look at my cover letter/resume. Thanks!

5. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

Jul 6, 2010

For me, sounding like a person who knew what they wanted worked for me.

I wasn't catchy nor did I incorporate buzz words, I just stated that their school was the place I wanted to be, and I am available XYZ should they desire an interview with me.

6. supermissf

supermissf Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

Admin gets a ton of emails per day--go in and introduce yourself! I bet you'll make a better impression that way. In my old district, the Principal was swamped daily with emails--yours could come across as a 'spam' type email that could likely end up in the recycle bin.