after demo lesson advice

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by luv2teach415, Jul 22, 2014.

1. luv2teach415

luv2teach415 Companion

Jul 22, 2014

I had my demo lesson last Monday (7/14), and I think it went fairly well. After the demo, the principal commented that she liked what I did in the short amount of time. I received all compliments. She told me that they (her and the assistant principal) would have a decision by next week (meaning this week). I know it's only Tuesday, but I haven't heard back yet. I did send my thank you to the both of them right after the demo lesson. Should I send another follow-up email? Is it too early in the week for me to be questioning if they made up their mind? I was just really excited, and I would love this job. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

3. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Jul 22, 2014

Nothing wrong with a follow-up. You want to do everything in your power to keep your name in front of them without being annoying. You also want to show your enthusiasm. Write something short and it should be good :)

4. luv2teach415

luv2teach415 Companion

Jul 22, 2014

What would you write in a follow-up? I already sent my thank you to them for the demo. Would I thank them again??

5. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 22, 2014

Many searchers here seem to like to follow-up, but honestly, I am not a fan. If you are the choice, you will hear. I think they often delay contacting the runner-up, in case the person they picked falls through. I hope I am wrong, and you do get this job, but right now I would recommend you direct your energy to finding other potential positions.

6. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Jul 22, 2014

This is what I wrote in my follow up and I got the job.

Dear Ms. Principal,

I wanted to follow up with you in regards to the English/language arts positions at School. Again, thank you for taking the time to interview me last Tuesday. Just checking in to see if there has been any update on these positions. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Geauxtee

Principal was super nice and not annoyed at all.