After 2 years of sharing I'm finally getting my own room.

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ChemTeachBHS, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Jul 21, 2010

I've been sharing classroom in my school for the past 2 years (usually 4 different rooms in a day). It's been a hugh pain in the butt but I made due. In June I was told I would have to go it again. I was pretty bummed but didn't say anything. My P called me today to tell me I'm getting my own room! I'm so excited... now I get to buy posters and decorations. Not to mention I woun't lose things anymore :p

3. ecochick

ecochick Rookie

Jul 21, 2010

That is awesome! Congratulations! It is super nice to have your own space!:haha:

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 21, 2010

Congrats!
    I can't imagine what sharing a room would be like! Of course, at the HS level it wouldn't be quite as hard as elementary...

Judging by your name- you teach chemistry? How in the world did you do that changing classrooms?! When I was in school, it was always the poor Spanish teacher that never had her own classroom.

5. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Jul 21, 2010

Yes I teach chemistry. I taught 4 classes - each period was in a different room. On lab days we would go to a chem lab. Sometimes I was in 6 classrooms a day. It was almost impossible but then again you could get used to anything if you have to.

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 21, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray!!! I am so excited for you :)

Enjoy YOUR new room

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2010

Yay for getting your own room!!

8. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 21, 2010

When I first started teaching I also had to share a room for 2 years. It was wonderful when I finally got my own classroom. You are going to love it!

9. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Jul 21, 2010

Woo hoo! That is wonderful news. My first year of teaching I was also a "cart teacher" as I was in 4 different classrooms dependent on which class I had. Basically I got the room of the teacher who had a prep. It was tough.

Enjoy your room!

10. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Jul 21, 2010

I'm not going to know what to do with myself between classes. LOL I'm used to trying to move a cart down the hall in the traffic.

11. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2010

I know how excited you have to be. I taught chemistry and physics at my previous school and nobody had their own classroom. We all moved every period. The administrators never understood how come room assignments were such a big deal for science but not for any other department. Congrats.