Advice

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Futureteacher08, May 18, 2015.

1. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

May 18, 2015

Is it okay to fill out a teacher application for a school that has no posted openings? I heard that there will be a future opening, but it is not posted yet. However, there is a teacher application form online. My question is: Is it okay to fill that out and send it in to the superintendent for the future? Also, should I mail or email it?

3. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

May 18, 2015

Yes fill it out...I would send it to school principal before I sent it to the super. Remember the superintendent is the Ps boss. It might not be a good idea to go above their head

4. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

May 18, 2015

Even if it says send it to the superintendent? And should I send by mail or email?

5. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

May 18, 2015

That changes things a bit...I would submit it with all required materials (resume/cover letter/credential copy) as it is directed. I would also tack on a letter that says something like:

"I am aware there is not currently an opening within xyz school. However, as the year finishes and preparation for the 2015-2016 school year begins if you find yourself in need of a xyz teacher please keep me in mind."

AFTER YOU DO THAT keep an eye out for any postings and resend your stuff when and if it's posted!