Advice please.....Half-day K travel between 2 schools

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by kmcole4, May 16, 2006.

1. kmcole4

kmcole4 Rookie

May 16, 2006

Hi,

I am a half-day K teacher who will be traveling between two schools next year--am at one, pm at the other. I am wondering if anyone had ever done this or knows anyone who has--I am meeting to ask questions in the next two weeks or so---I have a list but I was wondering if anyone has any good tips on things to ask for/clarify, or possible problems in doing this??

Thanks!!!

3. sbtellmann

sbtellmann Companion

May 16, 2006

Oh wow! I did this last year and it was so tiring! Remember to ask when you will be able to eat lunch! I had that problem a lot! Are you working for the same school district? Find out if the schools have the same type of books or ways of doing things (education wise). Let me know if you have any questions about it! PS- I teach in a different school than the other 2 I did last year and it's full day K. Much less stress (for me anyway)!

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 16, 2006

If the school district is asking you to travel between the 2 schools, will they pay you for your gas?

will there be conflicting teacher/parent days?

will you be responsible for other duties? watching the play ground, buses coming in/going out, etc??

5. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 22, 2006

prep time?
    Having doubles of TE books so you don't have to carry back and forth ....
    report cards and assessement tools- are they the same?
    How much time will you have between the ending of the AM class & the start of the PM class?