Advice on Portfolio

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CarrieB, Mar 23, 2008.

1. CarrieB

CarrieB Companion

Mar 23, 2008

In my portfolio I have copies of my resume, references, previous job experience, my certification and copies of my cert test scores, and about 4 (multi-day project/interactive type) lesson plans. When I first got out of college I included my evaluations from my cooperating teacher and my advisor from student teaching.

I was curious if you guys have any advice on whether or not I should include my evaluations from my current principal. I only have 3 years experience, so it would only be 6 evals.

They are very good evaluations with some bragging about my participation in the faculty (I've jumped in on a lot of committees and have done some programming work on a computer based lesson plan form and a discipline documentation system).

I just don't know if this is a weird thing to add or not. I was just thinking that it is a way to brag about my accomplishments but in a less conceited manner, kwim? Because they probably will not talk to my current principal during the interview process, and even if they do, I don't know how willing my principal will be to really talk about my accomplishments with someone who will hire me away from her. (Sometimes she can be petty).

Any advice would be great. What do you guys put in your portfolio?

3. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Mar 23, 2008

I would include them!

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Mar 26, 2008

I would include them! :) Since I just have student teaching reviews from my supervisor, I've included them. Not everything is perfect, but it shows that I have improved over the 4 months I was student teaching. The first 2 have some problems in them, but by my 3 and 4th ones they're great--- I think it shows the school that SEE I get better with experience.

I wouldn't worry about them BRAGGING about your teaching skills--- it's one thing to have you brag, it's completely different to have somebody else brag about you (this one is awesome to have).