Advice on how to handle situation

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Kellie McGrath, Jul 11, 2016.

  1. Kellie McGrath

    Kellie McGrath Companion

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2016
    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    23

    Jul 11, 2016

    Hello! I just came from an interview for a long-term supposition covering a fifth-grade classroom. I am pretty sure that the job is mine if I want it because he took me on to tors of the school gave me the entire course outline and asked when was a good time for me to meet with the teacher. The principal was super nice so I felt the need to mention that I had an interview a few weeks ago at a different Catholic school for a permanent position. He knows that principle because the Catholic schools in Boston collaborate a lot and wished me good luck on the permanent position but to let him know as soon as possible whether or not I received that position so we can move forward or not. So the permanent position I was told it would be a few weeks before I heard anything because of vacations etc. and the office opens tomorrow for the first time in a week and a half Should I wait till the end of the week and if I haven't heard anything give them a call or should I call tomorrow and explain that I have an offer for a long-term sub position at a different Catholic school and was wondering about the status of the second grade position? Should I wait till the end of the week and if I haven't heard anything give them a call or should I call tomorrow and explain that I have an offer for a long-term sub position at a different Catholic school and was wondering about the status of the second grade position? Sorry this is so long I just really want to second grade position but if I don't get it don't want to be without any type of job
     
  2.  
  3. agdamity

    agdamity Fanatic

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    2,701
    Likes Received:
    462

    Jul 11, 2016

    I would call tomorrow. The LTS position needs to be filled so the principal and teacher can continue planning for the new year.
     
  4. Linguist92021

    Linguist92021 Phenom

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Messages:
    4,960
    Likes Received:
    1,150

    Jul 11, 2016

    I would wait until Tuesday, if they are just coming back from a week and a half break, they probably have a lot of catching up to do, but I wouldn't wait until the end of the week.
     
  5. Kellie McGrath

    Kellie McGrath Companion

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2016
    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    23

    Jul 11, 2016

    Yeah they are only open Tuesday-Thursday during the summer. Any ideas of what to say? I can write an email like this:

    Dear Ms. ***
    Thank you for the opportunity to interview for the second grade position at St. ****. I hope you had a great vacation and holiday! I know that you had indicated it would be a few weeks before I heard anything because of vacations, but I am wondering about the status. I have received an offer for a long term substitute position at St ****. I let them know that I was waiting to hear back about a permanent position, but would let them know as soon as possible if I could accept the position. I am really excited about the opportunity to work at your school and am looking forward to hearing about the status of the interview process. Thank you!


    I have no idea if thats a good way to word it? Or I could call, I just hate talking to people. I feel like I am so awkward on the phone.
     
  6. miss-m

    miss-m Devotee

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    1,078
    Likes Received:
    503

    Jul 11, 2016

    I would recommend calling because it will probably get figured out faster that way - script out what you want to say on the phone (or use part of the sample email you just wrote) and say that.
     
  7. Srhhwtt

    Srhhwtt Rookie

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2016
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    8

    Jul 11, 2016

    I agree with calling them. I'd wait till tomorrow, sometime after lunch. If you feel uncomfortable calling, I think the email sounds great.
    Depending on how long ago you spoke to the other school district (about the lts position), I would send a quick email letting them know you plan to contact the other school soon and will should have your decision by the end of this week.
     
  8. Kellie McGrath

    Kellie McGrath Companion

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2016
    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    23

    Jul 11, 2016

    Thank you! I actually had the interview this morning for the substitute job. It's another catholic school and the principals know each other and he said he hopes I get the permanent job. I told them I will let them know by the end of the week.
     
  9. Srhhwtt

    Srhhwtt Rookie

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2016
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    8

    Jul 11, 2016

    That's great! Sorry, I didn't see that it was just this morning (read too fast!).
    Hopefully you can find out soon. I don't think contacting them tomorrow would be a problem. If they haven't made a decision by the time you contact them, they may give you a better time frame...and plus it may help show your interest in the position!
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. emmaquayle
Total: 381 (members: 2, guests: 362, robots: 17)
test