Advice on contacting new p

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by futureteach24, May 15, 2014.

1. futureteach24

futureteach24 Companion

May 15, 2014

I got a new job for next year about a month ago. I got the contract and new hire packet almost 2 weeks ago and sent it in yesterday express mail (I live in a different town). What is your advice on contacting p to get more info about the position and the classes I will be teaching? Thanks!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 16, 2014

I would start with a phone call to the P to set up a time to visit. Ask if you can pick up teacher editions and any other pertinent info.

If you can't visit, you could check the district website for pacing guides, once you have called the P to see what you will be teaching.

Just out of curiosity, was there a reason you waited so long to send your contract in?

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 16, 2014

I agree with swansong. Congrats! What will you be teaching? I added you to the jobs list :)

5. futureteach24

futureteach24 Companion

May 16, 2014

I live in a different town and was waiting for something closer; my mom might have cancer...she finally had testing this week and had a biopsy yesterday. However, I didn't get anything closer and could't continue to wait for her results...and I think the opportunity is a great opportunity. I have already looked up hospitals and the new town has one ranked in the top 10 in the nation...I plan to move my mother with me.

6. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

May 16, 2014

When I got my position, I signed all my official papers. Then I sent an email to the principal thanking her for choosing me and that I was so excited and have a few questions. I just layer them out in the email. I asked when I could start moving stuff in and if I could get curriculum to read over the summer. I also offered if they had any faculty meetings that if possible I'd love to come. (school isn't quite over yet!). She emailed me back right away and offered for me to come in on Tuesday at 1:00. So that was great. I am lucky enough that I am a sub for the district. I took a sub job there yesterday and today to see the ins and out of the school.

Good luck and CONGRATS!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 16, 2014

Congrats!

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 16, 2014

Sorry to hear about your mother...hope everything works out ok.

The job sounds like a great opportunity.