Advice Needed--Quick!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mobono, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Mobono

Mobono Rookie

Aug 24, 2011

I interviewed for a para position about 6 weeks ago and didn't get the job. I see they have just posted two new para positions. Part of me wants to call or email vs. just online application to remind them that I interviewed before. However, given that I didn't get the job, and I don't why not, I'm nervous. I'm in school for cert. in special ed. and in my mid 40s and I'm coming up with all sorts of reasons why I didn't get the job. Am I over or underqualified, too old, etc. I'm obviously wobbly about the whole thing and partly it's due to three interviews this summer for para positions that I did not get and no explanation about why. Do I try for this one or just wait til May when I have full certification? And how can I approach this? Thanks for adivice and I would be greatful for words of comfort too. :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2011

Call, tell them your info should still be on file and that you are very interested in these new openings.

4. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 24, 2011

I would apply again and then call the district or school that has the opening. Chances are you'll interview with someone else who will realize you're a great fit for their school. Good luck!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2011

I agree. What do you have to lose???