Advice, help, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by newbiebutnot, Jul 17, 2016.

  1. newbiebutnot

    newbiebutnot Rookie

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jul 17, 2016

    I interviewed last week and heard back the same day that they wanted to offer me the job. Yay!! Super excited. I've been taking esl courses and one of my classmates gave my resume to her principal at another school district. The principal from that school district contacted me and would like to set up an interview with me this week. Both districts are the same socioeconomic wise but the second is a bit closer to me. I would like to go on this interview but I need to let the other school know my decision tomorrow. What should I do? it's an exciting dilemma to be in but I don't want to lose the offer if I decide to go with the first school (good vibes, and overall nice first impression) but I think I would do myself a disservice if I didn't at least go on the other interview. Advice, what should I do? I know nothing is set until I sign but I just feel kind of bad letting them wait. Thanks you!
     
  2.  
  3. agdamity

    agdamity Fanatic

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    2,670
    Likes Received:
    434

    Jul 18, 2016

    I would go with the offer you have already accepted at this point. If you hadn't already had an offer, I would definitely go on the second interview, but you've already committed yourself.
     
    MrsC likes this.
  4. swansong1

    swansong1 Virtuoso

    Joined:
    May 19, 2007
    Messages:
    6,420
    Likes Received:
    1,252

    Jul 18, 2016

    If you accepted the first job, your word is your bond. If you haven't accepted the job, feel free to go on the other interview, but you take your chances that you will end up with no job.
     
    MrsC likes this.
  5. RainStorm

    RainStorm Aficionado

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2005
    Messages:
    3,906
    Likes Received:
    119

    Jul 18, 2016

    Stick with the first offer.
     
  6. mkbren88

    mkbren88 Cohort

    Joined:
    May 31, 2011
    Messages:
    524
    Likes Received:
    15

    Jul 18, 2016

    I'd stick with the first offer.
     
  7. justwanttoteach

    justwanttoteach Cohort

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2013
    Messages:
    569
    Likes Received:
    75

    Jul 18, 2016

    Stick with the first.....call the other principal and thank them for their consideration but feel that you should be upfront about your current situation.
     
  8. Luv2TeachInTX

    Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2012
    Messages:
    332
    Likes Received:
    48

    Jul 18, 2016

    I agree with staying with the first job you already accepted. Both schools are the same socionomically with the exception of one being a bit closer. Your word is your bond.
     
  9. Exclaimation Po

    Exclaimation Po Habitué

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    850
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jul 18, 2016

    Learn from my mistake. Take the job you have offered. I didn't, it was 10 years ago, and I still beat myself up for not taking that offer.
     
  10. newbiebutnot

    newbiebutnot Rookie

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jul 23, 2016

    Thank you all! I did end up sticking with the first and politely turned down the second. Its a new direction and a bit unfamiliar but I'm excited!
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. MrsC,
  2. kaur,
  3. MissCeliaB,
  4. jadorelafrance,
  5. Ms.Holyoke
Total: 459 (members: 8, guests: 425, robots: 26)
test