Advice, help, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by newbiebutnot, Jul 17, 2016.

1. newbiebutnot

newbiebutnot Rookie

Jul 17, 2016

I interviewed last week and heard back the same day that they wanted to offer me the job. Yay!! Super excited. I've been taking esl courses and one of my classmates gave my resume to her principal at another school district. The principal from that school district contacted me and would like to set up an interview with me this week. Both districts are the same socioeconomic wise but the second is a bit closer to me. I would like to go on this interview but I need to let the other school know my decision tomorrow. What should I do? it's an exciting dilemma to be in but I don't want to lose the offer if I decide to go with the first school (good vibes, and overall nice first impression) but I think I would do myself a disservice if I didn't at least go on the other interview. Advice, what should I do? I know nothing is set until I sign but I just feel kind of bad letting them wait. Thanks you!

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 18, 2016

I would go with the offer you have already accepted at this point. If you hadn't already had an offer, I would definitely go on the second interview, but you've already committed yourself.

MrsC likes this.
  4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2016

If you accepted the first job, your word is your bond. If you haven't accepted the job, feel free to go on the other interview, but you take your chances that you will end up with no job.

MrsC likes this.
  5. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jul 18, 2016

Stick with the first offer.

6. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jul 18, 2016

I'd stick with the first offer.

7. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jul 18, 2016

Stick with the first.....call the other principal and thank them for their consideration but feel that you should be upfront about your current situation.

8. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Jul 18, 2016

I agree with staying with the first job you already accepted. Both schools are the same socionomically with the exception of one being a bit closer. Your word is your bond.

9. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 18, 2016

Learn from my mistake. Take the job you have offered. I didn't, it was 10 years ago, and I still beat myself up for not taking that offer.

10. newbiebutnot

newbiebutnot Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

Thank you all! I did end up sticking with the first and politely turned down the second. Its a new direction and a bit unfamiliar but I'm excited!