Advertising, Links, Self-Promotion, etc.

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & FAQ' started by Amanda, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015

Since we've transitioned to the new forum, the "no self-promotion" rule was softened because I wanted to allow teachers to freely share links to their own blogs and online resources.

Unfortunately, some rules have to be put back into place. New users can no longer post links. I hate this because a lot of legitimate users want to ask a question or share a resource. However, it is more common that we have people signing up that have been hired to post links to a website and pretend to be a teacher wanting to discuss it. We also aren't open to other websites or businesses using this as a place to do product research. New users: You can post links after you've been with us for at least a week and have made at least 10 posts. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have a blog for teachers, facebook page, pinterest page, etc. you can share it. However, we would love for you to stick around and participate vs. just sharing your links over and over. I have plans to add a forum section specifically for sharing links to your own resources and connecting with other teacher bloggers to discuss issues related to blogging, selling, facebook, pinterest, etc. A to Z is a great community and we'd love to have you be a contributing part of it.

If you sell your own resources, I would love to have you sell them with A to Z! I have been working with teachers to sell online since 2001 and we promote products for free on A to Z Teacher Stuff. We are in the process of doing a major overhaul in the shop and will be accepting new sellers again very soon. Just let me know if you are interested and I'll add you to the list.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 18, 2016

. Amanda?