Adult Transition Teachers Only (Moderate/Severe)

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Aspieteacher47, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Aspieteacher47

Aspieteacher47 Rookie

Mar 31, 2021

Do any of you use the Adult Transition Curriculum provided by Attainment Company? Also, do any of you have access to Boardmaker Online with your district? I'm just looking for ideas to share with those who are willing to share with me as well. In my previous district, we used Unique Curriculum but it was too high for my students (multi-disabled/medically fragile/significant cognition delays/physical limitations). I work with adults who are 18-22. My main areas of focus are: Community Based Instruction, English/Language Development, Independent Living Skills (Budgeting, Health/Hygiene, Housekeeping/Safety), Social Skills Interaction, and Career and Vocation Development). Most of my students are wheelchair bound and require total adult assistance too. I haven't used Boardmaker in a while, so I am trying to get back into the swing of things at this moment. We are still engaged in distance learning at the moment. We are not sure if our classes (adult transition classes) at my high school site are fit for returning at this moment. I just need opinions on the curriculum resources I mentioned above: Attainment Adult Transition Curriculum, Boardmaker Online, and Unique Curriculum (including News 2 You). Please feel free to leave your comments. Thanks, and have a blessed Easter Sunday.

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Apr 5, 2021

I have the Attainment's Edmark functional words reading program (voc and life skills vocab) like the old Edmark reading program and I love it.

I have ULS's transition band and N2Y, too. Then I have a ton of material from Teachers Pay Teachers.