Adult Ed Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by frankies_mom, Aug 1, 2010.

1. frankies_mom

frankies_mom Rookie

Aug 1, 2010

Hey all! I found out I did not get the 1st grade job I interviewed for. I was pretty disappointed but was told I presented myself well so I am hanging in with this district as a 4th grade interview may come my way.

Meanwhile, I got a call for part-time adult-ed in the evenings because my degree is in English. Anyone have an adult-ed interview or any advice? Trying to prepare. Thanks!!! :D

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 1, 2010

I've had no experience interviewing for adult-ed.

However, I'll suggest the basics for all interviews and that's to project a positive image of yourself. Be sure you dress professionally, pause/think 20 seconds before you answer a question making sure you're answering what they ask you, and then follow up with a hand-written thank you note for their time and the interview.

Best of luck to you!

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2010

No advice, but good luck!

5. fratermus

fratermus Companion

Aug 2, 2010

IMO, one thing to remember adult/continuing ed has (culturally speaking) more in common with the business world than k-12. A good adult ed instructor is aware of the student's outlay of resources and provides value for that outlay.

A bit of appropriate, nuanced upselling can keep your plate (and that of the dept) full.

As with all freelancing, adult ed is feast/famine, but I really enjoyed the time I spent in the classroom teaching adults.