adopting endangered animal

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by errrika, Jan 27, 2012.

1. errrika

errrika Rookie

Jan 27, 2012

Hi all,

My arctic life/ice unit has been AMAZING! I've been so bogged down by all those have-to-get-it-done things that it feels so good to get back to doing something we are ALL enjoying.

To finish off our topic I was thinking of adopting an endangered animal through the World Wildlife Fund. I usually donate to them personally, but thought it would be so great to have the children choose an arctic animal to smbolically adopt.

My only problem now is that I don't necessarily want to pay the $50 myself. My two ideas had been to encourage the kids to "fundraise" for part of the money (meaning parents would buy something they make) or asking parents for money (and cutting out the middle man).

It sounds SO tacky to ask parents for the money so I'm kinda leanin' towards the fundraising thing. Anybody have any suggestions of easy, simple (for me and my 4yr olds) ways to fundraise?

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jan 27, 2012

How small is your program? You could collect pennies from cars and couches.

4. errrika

errrika Rookie

Jan 30, 2012

We have seven classrooms in our building as well as all the administrators' offices. I think I've decided to place a jar outside our room for donations. Today I am going to have the class dictate to me what to write on a card that will go on the jar as well as one that will go home with them. I'll suggest to parents to let them do extra chores (something that they don't already have to do) and give them some change as payment...