Admission to Teacher School in California

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Poise, May 4, 2010.

1. Poise

Poise New Member

May 4, 2010

I'm a bit anxious about admission to the special ed and multiple subject credential programs I applied to. I was wondering what the characteristics of an admitted student to California State University teaching credential program. I'm aware of the minimum requirements (2.67-75 gpa, classroom hours, testing etc), but are they enough?

3. Artist823

Artist823 Rookie

May 23, 2010

I'm attending a single subject credential program at a CSU...The didn't interview me, but I had to meet with my subject area advisor to make sure I was "subject matter competent." Basically I submitted all the necessary paperwork, such as results of CBEST, CSET, observation hours in the classroom, letters of recommendation, etc).

The school's website should have a list of what you need to submit, if not visit the office and ask.

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

May 23, 2010

Same here, but I did have to interview.

5. Poise

Poise New Member

May 23, 2010

what school are you attending?

6. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

May 23, 2010

I also went to a CSU and did not have to interview but did submit test scores, transcripts, etc. If I remember correctly, I also had to handwrite a page long statment about my reasons for becoming a teacher (or something along those lines).

7. Artist823

Artist823 Rookie

May 24, 2010

Yep, I had to do a writing test too. But you do it with your subject matter advisor b/c the question pertains to your content area. I remember also that the school would send me an email updating me what paperwork they had received.

8. EZLN1

EZLN1 Companion

May 25, 2010

I went to SFSU.
    Aside from the application, all I can remember doing was submitting 3 letters of recommendation, and going to an interview (ended up being a group interview with about 3 other candidates).